First Day, what to sign up for

KevCoul

I’m sailing on the Emerald Princess next month. It seems like there are some ‘extras’ you can’t sign up for in advance. Such as Crab Shack or The Sanctuary. So my question is is there a rush to sign up for these things on the first day?  Are there other things like this I want to be sure to grab?  I’d appreciate any ‘first day’ advice. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, KevCoul said:

I’m sailing on the Emerald Princess next month. It seems like there are some ‘extras’ you can’t sign up for in advance. Such as Crab Shack or The Sanctuary. So my question is is there a rush to sign up for these things on the first day?  Are there other things like this I want to be sure to grab?  I’d appreciate any ‘first day’ advice. Thanks. 

If you want the sanctuary you have to go there as soon as you board to select your day(s) and lounge. Remember, if you are sailing to Hawaii then it will not get tropical until the 3rd day. If it's Mexico then it's tropical from the first sea day.

No special rush for the Crab Shack. It should be held a few times, there is lots of seating. You can call the dine line or you may see tables set up promoting it.

Chef's table? Sign up on boarding day. Other first dayers especially if you are on a 7 day cruise, Ultimate Balcony Dining call room service.

6 hours ago, STREETKING said:

Can someone explain this, I'm not sure what it is.

Thanks

3 hours ago, TracieABD said:

It is a restaurant by Curtis Stone. Here is a link:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ep-emerald-princess/

You should be able to pre-book Share on the Princess Cruise Personalizer as an On-Board Reservation.  We were able to do so on the Ruby in October.  It has a link to the menu as well.    

On 1/15/2019 at 4:02 PM, Tyme2Cruise said:

The Ultimate Behind the Scenes ship tour.  I think it's around $150.00 per person, but you also get a lot of merchandise included in the price.  We did it on the Royal, and it was well worth it.

I vote for this tour as well.  I did it on the Royal and it was excellent.  I especially enjoyed going to the Bridge!  The swag you receive covers a big chunk of the price.  If you plan to do it, be sure to leave room in your luggage for the robe!

What is the Crab Shack? I assumed from the name it was another specialty restaurant, but not something you'd sign up for at a table. 

Also, I am hoping to do a half day at Sanctuary with my family, but was planning on doing that more as a spur of the moment thing. Is it possible to just show up? If not during sea days, what about port days? We have some early excursions and expect to be back on the ship by early to mid afternoon. Especially in Ensenada.

5 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

What is the Crab Shack? I assumed from the name it was another specialty restaurant, but not something you'd sign up for at a table. 

Also, I am hoping to do a half day at Sanctuary with my family, but was planning on doing that more as a spur of the moment thing. Is it possible to just show up? If not during sea days, what about port days? We have some early excursions and expect to be back on the ship by early to mid afternoon. Especially in Ensenada.

They cordon off a section of the buffet area. You get several crab/ seafood based courses. It costs about $20 extra per person. I have heard it can be very hit and miss... I don't eat crab, but my family does and has done the crab shack several times.

I would book the Sanctuary in advance if possible. In warmer climates it can sell out quickly.

• Thanks 1