Pre-ordering a bottle

ISHCruising

Just about to order a bottle of Titos to save a bit of money on alcohol consumption.  Upon checkout on the website it says that I cannot consume the alcohol outside of the room.  I was planning to bring a couple of Yetis and enjoy the drinks by the pool or a serenity deck--is this not possible?  Starting to feel like it's simply not worth it and I should just order drinks from the bar.  Knowing just how strict Carnival is with alcohol, is this a rule they follow hard?  Will they stop us from bringing drinks out of the room?

This is on the Pride if that makes a difference.

I order bottles for my room all the time and carry drinks around with me that I have made in my room. No one has ever asked what's in my drinking glass. I also take a flask with me in my pocket to "freshen" up my drink from time to time after I add some ice to it. I usually drink scotch on the rocks. I have even taken red solo cups with me and walked around with those. You will be just fine and will save money as well. Enjoy your cruise.

Spent a fair amount of time with vodka from the room mixed with hot chocolate in our tumblers, sitting in the hot tub, watching the glaciers go by.  Not to mention G&Ts wherever we wanted to drink them.  I would, however, avoid situations like bringing the bottle and be pouring in the buffet or MDR.

Edited by naxer
clarity

OK thanks everyone. Just made the purchase.  But just to clarify with Joebucks said, it's pretty clear they are referring to more than just the bottle:

In accordance with applicable laws, Carnival requires that a purchaser of alcoholic products must be at least 21 years of age. Please acknowledge and confirm by checking the box below that you are at least 21 years old. If you are not 21 years of age, please click "Cancel" below and remove all alcoholic products from your shopping cart before completing your order.

Alcohol orders are not permitted to be taken to any location outside of the approved delivery locations specified for those products at checkout. This program is designed for in-cabin entertaining or in-dining consumption only. Consumption in public areas is strictly prohibited.

I confirm that I am 21 years of age or older
I agree not to take any alcohol orders out of the cabin or delivered dining location for consumption in public areas.

25 minutes ago, torilyn said:

I'm new at this so can I please ask what is the fun shop. I'm going on a cruise next month and would love to take a bottle of vodka for bloody Mary's and some wine. Thank you

You may bring a bottle of wine onboard with you. Not the vodka. You will need to order that from Carnival.... See your on line account....cruise manager.... To make purchases. Warning...it'll be serious sticker shock.

6 hours ago, torilyn said:

I'm new at this so can I please ask what is the fun shop. I'm going on a cruise next month and would love to take a bottle of vodka for bloody Mary's and some wine. Thank you

The FunShop is on your cruise manager, where you can preorder things for your cruise, like bottles of alcohol, different foods, merchandise, and services, to be delivered during your cruise.  To repeat what others have said, you can bring a bottle of wine per adult person on board, but not spirits. 

You most certainly can mix a drink in your room and carry it wherever you want. I have even carried a drink in a glass into dinner with me. 

What they want to make sure you are not doing is carrying the whole bottle out and around the ship, making drinks with it at the pool, etc. That would probably be considered a safety hazard with a big ol' glass bottle - maybe? Anyway, mix your Tito's and enjoy.