How to transfer CCL booking to travel agent?

LHARTWICK

Is there an online form on Carnival's web site that allows me to transfer my CCL booking to my agent?  I've done a search on these boards, but all I get is info for RCCL, PCL, X, HAL, etc.  It doesn't seem to want to search the CCL boards. 

I booked one in December 2018 for a January 2020 cruise; I booked the other last week for an August 2019 cruise.  Maybe the policies have changed since my TA said I'd need to call Carnival to get them transferred.  In the past the TA has contacted CCL to have them transferred.  Strange.  Thank you.

I should add the following.  I've booked on board before, asked at the time to transfer the booking to my TA, and it was done before I got back home.

This past year, the on-board salesperson told us there was no benefit in doing so, since the TA would not receive a commission.

Rather than arguing with the salesperson, we completed the booking on-board, returned home, and phoned my TA.  Within 20 minutes he phoned back to say he contacted Carnival and had the booking.

There are TAs who routinely post here.  Feedback from some of them would be helpful.

Typical of Carnival, the rules seem to be different depending on who you talk to at Carnival.  In early December I transferred 2 cruises to my TA by simply sending her the booking numbers.  Later on that month I tried to do the same thing and Carnival rep said that I had to set up PIN's on the cruises and give my TA the PIN's as well as the booking number. 

11 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I've had to do the PIN thing before.  And I've also NOT had to do the PIN thing before.  Carnival doesn't know if it's coming or going.

Same here!  That's why I was so confused this time thinking the rules have changed.  I'm calling Carnival today.  We'll see what answer I get this time.  :classic_blush:

Called CCL this morning.  I gave the rep my booking numbers, and she looked them up.  She then made a note in my file that I had officially given CCL the "okay" for my TA to take over the booking.  I did have to provide my PIN number.  I then had to let my TA know that everything was ready for her to take over the booking, so the TA called CCL to have it completed.  I had to make sure the TA had our booking numbers, PIN number, cabin numbers for each booking, names, and DOBs.  Obviously it's easier to just book through the TA to begin with, but the two cabins were unique cabins, and there are only a couple of them available, so I grabbed them while I was on CCL's website.  I knew I could transfer to my TA afterwards.  I do normally book directly w/my TA. 

There's a lot of pros and cons either way. I book with Carnival PVP.  But lately I do the booking my self on Carnivals site . PVP is becoming lapse with overloaded  customers.  A TA can offer you more perks for your hard earned cash .

1 hour ago, FreudianSlipper said:

I've booked both of my cruises with carnival online. For those of you who use TA's, what's the advantage? Are there more perks involved like on board credit? It's easy enough to do it myself so I'm wondering what the TA brings to the table?

Depends on the cruise, but they bring their expertise, a lot of times savings, if there is other travel involved such as pre and or post flights or hotel stay, they can assist with those, again sometimes with savings.  The reciprocal question is, why not use them and all of the above when it costs you nothing (actually probably saves you).    Why do all these people want to transfer a booking to a TA if there is no value?

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Seems a whole lot easier to call your TA and book the cruise originally.....

I usually do.  However, for these two bookings, they were both for cabins that are hard to get because there are a limited number of them on the ship. Both are in the very aft corner of the ship - same price as others in the same category, but much larger.   I was on the CCL site, so I grabbed them.  I've learned the hard way that if you wait even five minutes it can mean the difference between getting the cabin you want or not.

As for what TAs can do for you, my TA has been able to get us a substantial amount of extra OBC on several cruises, mainly PCL.  She's also known for sending complimentary bottles of wine to our cabin.

• Thanks 1