Day Dreaming: Starting your own AUS/NZ based cruise line - ideas.

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

What ship? in my experience the cabin fridges are not very cold, and I would not trust them to keep fresh milk cold enough for very long.

I enjoy the on-board barista coffee (flat whites) that they make using the long life milk, whatever that says about differences in taste 🙂

The taste became most noticeable a couple of years ago on Ovation. UHT came from Europe (Belgium I think) and improved slightly when Australian UHT arrived on board when we got to Fremantle.

We asked Princess (in the form of a Dietary Special Request) last year about the type of milk on Majestic and was told "regular milk is will be available" which it wasn't.

So we were told at the desk that we could bring on our own. So, first port we picked up some real milk. Subsequent discussions with the head waiter had it collected from our room and stored (not in the main kitchen stores). Then as required, we had one or two glasses of it brought to either the dining room or our room. Needless to say we were very impressed with the service.

So not to start a new thread; do all cruise lines have fridges that don't work properly???? I can see Gut saying that earlier. i can vouch for Carnival not working well.. 

I sell 7-14 of these (Bar fridges) a week, to the holiday accomidation places around the Hunter valley; They don't have problems... 

So The Mystery deepens!!!!!!!!!

34 minutes ago, Hunter69 said:

So not to start a new thread; do all cruise lines have fridges that don't work properly???? I can see Gut saying that earlier. i can vouch for Carnival not working well.. 

I sell 7-14 of these (Bar fridges) a week, to the holiday accomidation places around the Hunter valley; They don't have problems... 

So The Mystery deepens!!!!!!!!!

We haven't been on as many lines as some here, but never had a fridge that got real cold on any of the ones I have. but then ive known many who have that mini fridge size in their office etc and some work well for a while but after a few years they really don't work as well, the habit lines have of putting them in a cabinette with poor ventilation doesn;t help I suspect. I had one the nezt size up in my office for years that worked pretty well its the small one that seems to have the most trouble.

On 2/1/2019 at 2:59 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Formal tshirts would be OK but I really don't want to see hairy armpits while I'm enjoying my caviar and lobster so, I'm sorry, but singlets will have to be banned.

Men is singlets make my stomach turn - too much hair and sweat for my liking.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

We haven't been on as many lines as some here, but never had a fridge that got real cold on any of the ones I have. but then ive known many who have that mini fridge size in their office etc and some work well for a while but after a few years they really don't work as well, the habit lines have of putting them in a cabinette with poor ventilation doesn;t help I suspect. I had one the nezt size up in my office for years that worked pretty well its the small one that seems to have the most trouble.

They are rarely fridges but just coolers, the lower power supply is also an issue.

The fridge in the balcony cabin we had on Royal Princess actually worked very well, once we'd made sure the vents were clear and the door was closed properly. It was cold enough to chill a bottle of champagne perfectly.

On our recent Radiance cruise, we reported our cabin 'fridge' as not working correctly, accepting that we were used to onboard fridges not being really cold - different lines, different ships.

Came back to cabin to find maintenance report stating that it had been checked, working ok and that "it is a cooler only". I meant to take a photo of the report just for interest, but forgot.

Stuck to ice bucket for DW's wine 🙂

50 minutes ago, mr walker said:

On our recent Radiance cruise, we reported our cabin 'fridge' as not working correctly, accepting that we were used to onboard fridges not being really cold - different lines, different ships.

Came back to cabin to find maintenance report stating that it had been checked, working ok and that "it is a cooler only". I meant to take a photo of the report just for interest, but forgot.

Stuck to ice bucket for DW's wine 🙂

Similarly with a cruise friend who needs his medication in the fridge, had to pay $2 a day for the swap out with the cooler.