Delta A330-200

cruisinlawn

This is equipment listed for our ATL-LHR flight this Summer.  DW and I are going to book Delta One, which we have no experience with this type seating arrangement.   My question...which would better suit two flying together...two window seats, window and ajoining aisle seat  or two aisle seats side by side? Thoughts. Enjoy

My suggestion is to google "Delta A330 business class" and then look at the photos.  Better than any verbal description.

The answer to your question comes down to "what's important to you?"  Even the seats in the middle are arranged to try to get as much privacy as possible.  It's not designed to be "couples friendly".  Your flight time isn't that long - I'd be most concerned about getting a good night's sleep.  Window seats face outward, so less distraction IMO.

And Bruce - all DL widebody business seats are flat and have direct aisle access.  No climbing from any choice.

I thought you two would come thru, thank you. And you hit it re privacy. Thinking about placing the dw at window and I taking a center aisle...though was curious of the opposing aisle with stranger. Then again, have also considered grabbing two center aisle...not much to see on a overnight flight.  I'll continue to track down YouTube or any other useful images. Thanks  again. Enjoy.

7 hours ago, cruisinlawn said:

I thought you two would come thru, thank you. And you hit it re privacy. Thinking about placing the dw at window and I taking a center aisle...though was curious of the opposing aisle with stranger. Then again, have also considered grabbing two center aisle...not much to see on a overnight flight.  I'll continue to track down YouTube or any other useful images. Thanks  again. Enjoy.

While the 2 center seat aren't really designed for couples seating, we prefer them.  It just seems less odd to have a stranger across the aisle rather than just on the other side of the armrest area.   And if we do lean over/around to talk to each other, we aren't leaning over an aisle and making our conversation much more public in the process.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:23 AM, waterbug123 said:

While the 2 center seat aren't really designed for couples seating, we prefer them.  It just seems less odd to have a stranger across the aisle rather than just on the other side of the armrest area.   And if we do lean over/around to talk to each other, we aren't leaning over an aisle and making our conversation much more public in the process.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:23 AM, waterbug123 said:

Thank you for the insight, much appreciated. Enjoy.

We also prefer the 2 seats in the center.  It is true that those seats are designed more for privacy then couples, we agree that its better then trying to talk across the aisle.   And consider that most of your flight will be at night so there really is not much to see out the window.

Hank

24 minutes ago, Voelfgar said:

Delta One is not Business Class. that is Delta's Flagship 1st class.

Delta has no international first class. Delta One is a Delta brand name applied to business class.

As Delta itself says, Business Class Flights: Fly in Luxury with Delta One® : Delta Air Lines (as you can see both from the title of that page, and also from its URL).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voelfgar said:

One Delta One is not Business Class. that is Delta's Flagship 1st class.  2nd, with Delta One seating, there is only 4 "suites" across with 2 aisles.

The seats on a DL A330 are far from "suites", and calling them such is a gross distortion.  They are fairly standard reverse-herringbone business-class seats.

Even the "suites" on the A350 are just a rework of the Thomson Vantage XL seats that you find on a DL 767.

Wanna talk "suites" - try the QSuites on Qatar, or the first class products on Singapore, Emirates or Etihad.

15 hours ago, TruckerDave said:

Sorry, meant to quote Voelfgar, not Trucker Dave...

There is a big enough problem with infrequent travelers confusing Delta's Comfort Plus for being premium economy (it's not.). Please don't make it worse by confusing Delta One for first class; it's not.    It is indeed business class.  As someone already mentioned, Delta does not offer an international first class product, and their domestic first class product is simply called...wait for it.... first class.  😉

Edited by waterbug123

1 hour ago, waterbug123 said:

Sorry, meant to quote Voelfgar, not Trucker Dave...

There is a big enough problem with infrequent travelers confusing Delta's Comfort Plus for being premium economy (it's not.). Please don't make it worse by confusing Delta One for first class; it's not.    It is indeed business class.  As someone already mentioned, Delta does not offer an international first class product, and their domestic first class product is simply called...wait for it.... first class.  😉

You want to know Delta refers to it as business class and not 1st Class? Many Corporations including the one i work for, have lower requirements for business class vs 1st class including flight time. that means more people who are expensing their flights can get the more expensive seats.

If i have to fly to Poland or Belarus for work, they will pay for Business class but not 1st class.

43 minutes ago, Voelfgar said:

You want to know Delta refers to it as business class and not 1st Class? Many Corporations including the one i work for, have lower requirements for business class vs 1st class including flight time. that means more people who are expensing their flights can get the more expensive seats.

If i have to fly to Poland or Belarus for work, they will pay for Business class but not 1st class.

While I appreciate the marketing lesson, I'm well aware of how "business class" came to be for airlines in general (not limited to Delta.).

The fact remains that there are airlines that offer both international first class and international business class, and Delta isn't one of them; they only offer business class.   If you look at the ones that offer both, you'll see that Delta's Delta One business class is most similar to others' business class than the others'  first class.

1 hour ago, Voelfgar said:

You want to know [why] Delta refers to it as business class and not 1st Class?

Fundamentally. it's because it is business class. It uses a business class seat, as others have said.

First class is a different kettle of fish, as you'd know if you have any experience of true first class.

• Like 1