Easter 2019

CruisingIGo

4 hours ago, CruisingIGo said:

We will be sailing on Marina for Easter (April 21, 2019) this year.  Does anyone know if O does anything special or different for the day?  TIA!

Last time we were on an O ship at Easter, there was a terrific display of chocolate and baked Easter themed bunnies et al.

15 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Last time we were on an O ship at Easter, there was a terrific display of chocolate and baked Easter themed bunnies et al.

+1 and they usually serve some variation of Ham in the Grand Dining Room. I distinctly recall a Sriracha Peach Glaze which was phenomenal.  

The last time we sailed on Easter Leslie Jon was the CD.  He led an Easter Sunday morning service in the lounge.  More like a reflection.  We appreciated it very much.  Attended by +100.  I'm relatively sure such a gathering is at the discretion of the CD.

The Easter Sunday Brunch will be amazing!

-Katie

Just now, CruisingIGo said:

This will be our 5th O cruise and have never seen brunch offered.  I'm very hopeful that Easter Sunday Brunch will happen.....Easter is a sea day, perhaps that will improve our chances for having brunch.

usually on longer cruises 14 day +

We were on the Marina TA Miami to Lisbon in 2017. Leslie Jon was also the CD. There was an Anglican priest onboard who helped Leslie with the service. We had the string quartet perform appropriate music. This was a full service with communion for those who wished. There was also a Good Friday service as well. For the Jewish passengers there was a Seder dinner. I was impressed that Oceania responded as they did. As far as the food goes I have little recollection of that. For me the services were more important to me.

48 minutes ago, KatieBelle said:

Ours was a 10 day.  Made port by 1p Easter Sunday. 

sorry  yes  Easter  brunch  would  be  a special  one

they do have  regular Brunches  during longer cruises