Cruise Director and Captain- Explorer

cruiseluv

Hello,

Could somebody that is in Explorer right now find out who the Captain and Cruise Director will be for the Transatlantic that leaves Miami on 3/25?  I usually don't care for this type of info, but this time for some reason I'm curious. Thanks!

Lorraine is the Cruise Director and I believe that she will still be onboard in March (will check when we are onboard February 17th).  The Captain's last name is "Basta" - do not recall his first name.  I remember his last name because my system kept changing his last name to "Pasta".  Go figure!  The Assistant CD is someone that I have not heard of but his shows are apparently in the "don't miss" category.  

Will know more once we are onboard.  

8 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

Thanks so much for the info! And "Basta", in both Spanish and Italian,  means "enough!!" Funny!

Forgot to ask, where's your cruise going?

We are sailing from Chile to Los Angeles.  Twenty nights on a cruise that highlights Public Broadcasting, the NOVA programs (Dennis was heavily involved in the space program and adores the show).  Terry Breen will also be onboard.  It is an amazing cruise but seriously overpriced (which is likely why it did not sell well).

Thank you for explaining what the Captain's last name means.  I love learning these type of things!  

BTW, we are doing the November crossing on Explorer and they have put back the excursion to the restaurant in Funchal that I think is where we met.  We loved the food, environment, etc. and look forward to doing it again.  On our last transatlantic cruise (November 2018), we went to "Santana and the North Coast".  We really enjoyed the food there as well (never thought that I would eat a Black Scabbard fish - the ugliest fish that I have seen in my life) but it was great.

Hope that your cruise is fun!

Actually, the Captain's last name, according to previous posts, is Vasta. 

We leave for Santiago on the 13th.  Looking forward to the cruise as well as the following cruise through the Panama Canal.

Dave

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

We are sailing from Chile to Los Angeles.  Twenty nights on a cruise that highlights Public Broadcasting, the NOVA programs (Dennis was heavily involved in the space program and adores the show).  Terry Breen will also be onboard.  It is an amazing cruise but seriously overpriced (which is likely why it did not sell well).

Thank you for explaining what the Captain's last name means.  I love learning these type of things!  

BTW, we are doing the November crossing on Explorer and they have put back the excursion to the restaurant in Funchal that I think is where we met.  We loved the food, environment, etc. and look forward to doing it again.  On our last transatlantic cruise (November 2018), we went to "Santana and the North Coast".  We really enjoyed the food there as well (never thought that I would eat a Black Scabbard fish - the ugliest fish that I have seen in my life) but it was great.

Hope that your cruise is fun!

I sure remember that restaurant, loved the food and setting. I remember Dennis doing a little cooking there! I need to check what we're doing this time in Funchal. Always love the Transatlantic cruises, sorry this time we're not on the same crossing. Enjoy your upcoming cruise, sounds very interesting!

57 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Actually, the Captain's last name, according to previous posts, is Vasta. 

We leave for Santiago on the 13th.  Looking forward to the cruise as well as the following cruise through the Panama Canal.

Dave

Thanks for the clarification. If he's an Italian captain makes sense it wouldn't be Basta!

55 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are also on this TA with Cruiseluv.  Looking forward to relaxing for two weeks. Lorraine is excellent. Missing John Barron. 

TC- enjoy your cruise. Loving all your comments on this board. 

See you next March on Splendor, with the whole group, including

Cruiseluv!

Sheila

Yes - that cruise will be amazing!!!!

If I were a betting person (I'm not), I would bet that John Barron will be the CD on our Splendor cruise, Franck Galzy will be G.M. and Daniela will be F&B Director.

Note:  I have no information about who the officers will be but I think that this is a good guess. 

Edited by Travelcat2

John Barron told us in November that Capt. Serena and him will be taking the Splendor out from the Shipyard and they both will be on board for the Splendor's inaugural season.  He was passionately excited and proud to have been asked to take the Splendor out.

We would have enjoyed cruising with John again, but changed to the Explorer mid summer of 2020. We look forward to cruising again with one of our favorite couples Mr. Rumor/Rich and Ginny.