Beverage upgrade and other questions.

theEvilQueen2

Just booked a balcony Aurea, first time on MSC. My question is how and when can I upgrade the drink package to Premium? I looked at web site and app and can't fine a way to just upgrade. 

Can one person use both massages included in the package?

Is it possible to make a reservation for only Teppanyaki without buying a package? Again, not an option I can find online. 

Also (last one, I promise) we're Diamond on RCL, what do you think that translates to on MSC?

Thanks for the help. 

I think you beed to contact MSC directly to upgrading the beverage package and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to use both massages if you play your cards right 🤫

To status match you need to download the form from the MSC website, fill it in nd send proof of your RCL status. It took less than 48 hours for our MSC status to be confirmed.

1 hour ago, sailco said:

I think you beed to contact MSC directly to upgrading the beverage package and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to use both massages if you play your cards right 🤫

To status match you need to download the form from the MSC website, fill it in nd send proof of your RCL status. It took less than 48 hours for our MSC status to be confirmed.

I filled out the status form on Thursday, still waiting. Thank you.

If you upgrade before you cruise you will save the 15% service charge that's added when upgrading onboard. The 'Easy' package, which is included in Aurea, is code #689 - tell whoever you're upgrading with that you want code #669, which is the Premium package (that's assuming it's for a cruise from the US).

Yes ... one person can use the 2 massages.

It's not possible to make a reservation for Teppanyaki before boarding the ship.  (Teppanyaki isn't included in the packages, either).

You may get 'Gold' for 'Diamond';  MSC lowered the level from 'Black' for high levels on other lines recently.

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

If you upgrade before you cruise you will save the 15% service charge that's added when upgrading onboard. The 'Easy' package, which is included in Aurea, is code #689 - tell whoever you're upgrading with that you want code #669, which is the Premium package (that's assuming it's for a cruise from the US).

Yes ... one person can use the 2 massages.

It's not possible to make a reservation for Teppanyaki before boarding the ship.  (Teppanyaki isn't included in the packages, either).

You may get 'Gold' for 'Diamond';  MSC lowered the level from 'Black' for high levels on other lines recently.

Thank you for that info. Do I have to call customer service or is there a way to upgrade beverage package online?

Anyone have an opinion on Teppanyaki? I'm thinking we need to make a beeline and get reservation 1st thing.  

BTW, we're on Seaside, May 4, balcony Aurea. Probably should have mentioned that. With all the things I'm adding ala carte probably should have just gone Yacht Club and called it a day (although I think it's sold out). Oh well, next time. 

I don't know if you can upgrade online (we can't here in Ireland), but I reckon you should call customer service and give them the code that you want to upgrade to.

No idea about Teppanyaki - sorry.

Even in YC, Teppanyaki isn't included, so you'd have to organise that onboard, anyway (although in YC you'd have a concierge to make the reservation for you).

23 minutes ago, VacayVik said:

Does anyone know how much it is per person to upgrade from the included Easy package to the premium package? 

Most of what I've read says the upgrade is $27 per person per day. So $378. Not sure if that is with the 15% pre cruise discount.   

9 hours ago, VacayVik said:

Does anyone know how much it is per person to upgrade from the included Easy package to the premium package? 

It depends on what region you're sailing in.

For a US-based sailing the cost is $62 (premium) minus $35 (easy) - so $27 pppd.  If you upgrade before sailing you save the 15% service charge that's added when upgrading onboard.  Every adult in the cabin must upgrade.

The following was posted on another thread and gives the costs for upgrades for all packages:

310067149_ScreenShot2019-02-12at09_49_15.png.4c14a0a7e630c5187bd87cab220a05ce.png

Edited by Beamafar

So I spoke to customer service today. They did my status match for me (I had already filled it out online) and I used the refund towards the drink upgrade. Went with Premium Plus … just couldn't resist an unlimited mini bar.  

I was on hold for about 15 minutes, but expected that, so put on speaker and kept doing chores. Multi tasking.  The man at customer service was super friendly and helpful.  He reminded me that I have to do a separate Status Match for DH, although he gave us the discount for both fares. 

Upgrade from Easy to Premium Plus was $616, minus my Status upgrade,  so $494.  

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, jame_g said:

Re Status Match: I just got my status match today. It took a week and a half. I saw someone else post recently that their's took two weeks.

Did they send you an email with your number and what status you are? 

8 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

Yes one person can use both aurea massages but keep in mind the complimentary aurea massages have to be done during the first 2 days of the cruise.

Just found the small print about the free massages 

It looks like to me by their wording that you have to “Book” your free massages within the first 2 days.....to me this wouldn’t mean you have to use them in the first two days but have to make appointments for the days during the cruise you want to have them 

Am I Wrong? 

E713F6F1-C256-4BC3-BA63-4E4FCFC03E3B.png

Edited by LaCal

Last year on the divina we went on the first day (embarkation day) to book them for later in the cruise and were told by the spa manager that we had to book them for either that day or the following day because it has to be done during the first two days of the cruise. So we opted for day two which was a sea day.