Is it " normal" to have CD change midcruise-INDY JAN 25TH

oldmom

Never really mind that much about the CD on a cruise-UNLESS they are really bad. It was strange though to have ours change mid cruise on our 6 night Indy 25th 6 night cruise. It was planned-because the CD announced it on the Love and Marriage game.

30 minutes ago, oldmom said:

Never really mind that much about the CD on a cruise-UNLESS they are really bad. It was strange though to have ours change mid cruise on our 6 night Indy 25th 6 night cruise. It was planned-because the CD announced it on the Love and Marriage game.

Must have been easier/cheaper for that person to fly home from that city.

57 minutes ago, oldmom said:

While I would not say it is "normal" but not unheard of for any number of reasons.  End of contract, switching ships, going to a group CD Powwow in Miami, etc.

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Emergency's come up, happens. Have seen it in real time and on a behind the scenes documentary on a Royal ship...

I am so confused. Are you saying it happened on another ship you went on as well? I thought someone said assistant CD steps in?

10 minutes ago, broadwaycam said:

I am so confused. Are you saying it happened on another ship you went on as well? I thought someone said assistant CD steps in?

Ship I was on CD was needed on another ship, left my ship. Assistant CD stayed on my ship and took over. As said saw same on TV Documentary 

Edited by ONECRUISER