Diamond status

Tbucs19

8 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

We have 2 different numbers, as we have sailed on Royal once. 

We have also sailed on Azamara, their LCV number is the same as Celebrity’s Captain Club number. C.C number was given at booking.

I believe Celebrity and Azamara share their points too, i.e., it's one point system for those two cruise lines.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Not true with D+ on Oasis class.  They lost made to order breakfast and lunch in the CL.

Including having it changed to the now overly crowded DL...sigh.  Even the coffee machine seems messed up in there all the time (overly used?).  😞 

16 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, some don't remember or realize that. First made Diamond myself over 20yrs ago. Back then Diamonds on sailing would have Formal gathering with Captain and all Dept Chiefs. At most was 6-10 Diamonds a sailing and the 5 Officers

Ahh..falls into the old saying about "the good old days"...sigh.   Indeed 20 years ago people dressed nicely for dinner, everything was more elegant.  Even planes had people dressed up a bit.  Now.... 😮 

Edited by island lady

37 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I wonder when the numbers became the same?  I have two different numbers for Captain's Club and C&A.

Could be wrong, but I think that may have had a lot to do with the new website?  Seems things merged a bit with Celebrity and RCL during that "improvement" to the website.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Ahh..falls into the old saying about "the good old days"...sigh.   Indeed 20 years ago people dressed nicely for dinner, everything was more elegant.  Even planes had people dressed up a bit.  Now.... 😮 

Not that I mind too much but dressing on a Cruise now but it is same as what wear to an Amusement Park, with everyone walking around with a refillable plastic soda cups...

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not that I mind too much but dressing on a Cruise now but it is same as what wear to an Amusement Park, with everyone walking around with a refillable plastic soda cups...

LOL!!  Yeah...and their heads stuck to the screen of an Ipad.  

18 hours ago, Host Clarea said:
18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, I do realize there have been some cutbacks however the person I quoted was inferring that by the time he made Diamond he would be dropped down to emerald and all he would get would be a can of coke.  

Well, I don't think it would be that bad.  Two cans of Coke minimum.:classic_wink:

And a plastic straw (DS only!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

That's incorrect. The login is the same, but the C&A and CC acnt #s are different. CC and Azamara #s are the same.

It might be incorrect for you but it is not incorrect for me. Within the last two months I have linked my Crown & Anchor account with Captain's Club and Le Club Voyage. All three of my account numbers are the same. I am a Diamond member with C&A. I went to the Celebrity and Azamara web sites to have my C&A Diamond connected to their respective loyalty programs.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

That's incorrect. The login is the same, but the C&A and CC acnt #s are different. CC and Azamara #s are the same.

Our Captain Club and C&A numbers are different but like most have been C&A and CC (paid to join the CC many years ago,:classic_ohmy:) members for a long time. I thought maybe another change to goof things up again like when Celebrity and RC consolidated the logins for their websites.

Edited by davekathy

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Our Captain Club and C&A numbers are different but like most have been C&A and CC (paid to join the CC many years ago,:classic_ohmy:) members for a long time. I thought maybe another change to goof things up again like when Celebrity and RC consolidated the logins for their websites.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

You might be the only one on Cruise Critic like that.

Biker, who is waiting for another exception to chime in.

I "joined" Celebrity and Azamara AFTER the websites were all linked together. Maybe that's the difference.

11 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I "joined" Celebrity and Azamara AFTER the websites were all linked together. Maybe that's the difference.

Could as another poster (Island Lady) suggested that might be the new and improved. :classic_ohmy: I was just curious. I agree with Biker19 that you are the first to post that the member numbers for CC and C&A being the same.

Edited by davekathy

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

It could be that if someone joins today and enlists in all three programmes at once they'll get the same number, I can maybe see that happening.

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Is this a new change? 

Not sure...I know I have a Celebrity number I applied for years ago, but have not compared the numbers to see if that has updated.  I still have not been on Celebrity yet, but plan to go somewhere on our bucket list of the future.  

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Could as another poster (Island Lady) suggested that might be the new and improved. :classic_ohmy: I was just curious. I agree with Biker19 that you are the first to post that the member numbers for CC and C&A being the same.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It could be that if someone joins today and enlists in all three programmes at once they'll get the same number, I can maybe see that happening.

My head is now bowed and my tail is between my legs. :classic_blush: I was sure I knew what I was talking about because it was only a short time ago that I did it. All of the doubters here made me reconsider so I checked. Both my Captain's Club number and my Le Club Voyage number are the same. However!, the two of them are different from my C&A number. I apologize for my error.

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Not sure...I know I have a Celebrity number I applied for years ago, but have not compared the numbers to see if that has updated. 

Go to your C&A account and look under Settings - the CC and Azmara numbers are listed at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My head is now bowed and my tail is between my legs. :classic_blush: I was sure I knew what I was talking about because it was only a short time ago that I did it. All of the doubters here made me reconsider so I checked. Both my Captain's Club number and my Le Club Voyage number are the same. However!, the two of them are different from my C&A number. I apologize for my error.

That's cool. Like none of us have ever posted something incorrect. :classic_blush: But thanks for posting the correction. I just checked and my CC and Le Club Voyage numbers are the same as they should be. 

Edited by davekathy

36 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That's cool. Like none of us have ever posted something incorrect. :classic_blush: But thanks for posting the correction. I just checked and my CC and Le Club Voyage numbers are the same as they should be. 

That's true.

Pauline has corrected me a few times.