Diamond status

Tbucs19

3 minutes ago, rbschultz said:

Maybe I mistook your message. apologies.

No problem, no apologies needed. 🙂  I was just stating about the perks (what OP called benefits) that can be changed at any time.  Sigh...not happy about losing the CLs.  😞  

Edited by island lady

The Perks are what I figured would change too.

Once you reach a level you are in, but I do see them taking things away in the future.

Its about maximizing profit (which I get) so I think by the time I can cash in the perks of being Diamond, the Diamond level will be the equivalent of my current Emerald...which is a can of pop in my room as a perk...haha

Just now, E23NK1 said:

Once you reach a level you are in, but I do see them taking things away in the future.

Its about maximizing profit (which I get) so I think by the time I can cash in the perks of being Diamond, the Diamond level will be the equivalent of my current Emerald...which is a can of pop in my room as a perk...haha

People have been saying this for years now and is hasn’t happened.

31 minutes ago, E23NK1 said:

My Magic 8 Ball says, "very doubtful"! 

Edited by davekathy

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

People have been saying this for years now and is hasn’t happened.

A D+ walks onto the ship and asks where the CL is. 

"Ain't no CL on this ship now...we tore it out....we have a SL now". 

"Oh Ok...so I go there now?"  

"No...none of you lowly D+ in the Suites Lounge". 

"Oh...Ok..so we are back to the DL?"   

"Yeah...go away peon".   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Diamonds were still Diamond when they were kicked out of the CL years ago. 

Yes, some don't remember or realize that. First made Diamond myself over 20yrs ago. Back then Diamonds on sailing would have Formal gathering with Captain and all Dept Chiefs. At most was 6-10 Diamonds a sailing and the 5 Officers

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Not true with D+ on Oasis class.  They lost made to order breakfast and lunch in the CL.

Bob, I do realize there have been some cutbacks however the person I quoted was inferring that by the time he made Diamond he would be dropped down to emerald and all he would get would be a can of coke.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, I do realize there have been some cutbacks however the person I quoted was inferring that by the time he made Diamond he would be dropped down to emerald and all he would get would be a can of coke.  

Well, I don't think it would be that bad.  Two cans of Coke minimum.:classic_wink:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I thought it was a jokey tongue in cheek comment only.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I thought it was a jokey tongue in cheek comment only.

It was a joke comment I made for sure...definitely tongue in cheek...haha.

Really I was just saying that I know the cruise industry has changed alot over the years and will continue to change in order to maximize profits and as a result alot of the things we all received when we started cruising have either gone away or became an opportunity for them to charge.

I am assuming the majority of RCL cruisers are in the Diamond level so I can see those perks changing and being more inline with Emerald perks as opposed to the current D perks....as a way for RCL to save money.

We will turn Diamond during my upcoming May cruise and the perks jump from Emerald to Diamond in my mind are significant so I just hope I get to enjoy them for a cruise or 2 before they restructure the perks.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:49 AM, upwarduk said:

What evidence do you have to show to get into the Diamond Lounge?

We are Diamond via Celebrity.

Have you "transferred" your membership from Celebrity? It doesn't just happen. You can do it on the X website. Your Crown & Anchor number will be the same as your Captain's Club number.

24 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Have you "transferred" your membership from Celebrity? It doesn't just happen. You can do it on the X website. Your Crown & Anchor number will be the same as your Captain's Club number.

I wonder when the numbers became the same?  I have two different numbers for Captain's Club and C&A.

29 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

It “just happened” for us. We turned Elite on Celebrity in December. Now when I look at my upcoming Oasis cruise on the Royal site, it shows us as Diamond. I didn’t do anything special. Is there something else I should be doing? 

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I wonder when the numbers became the same?  I have two different numbers for Captain's Club and C&A.

We have 2 different numbers, as we have sailed on Royal once. 

We have also sailed on Azamara, their LCV number is the same as Celebrity’s Captain Club number. C.C number was given at booking.

Edited by upwarduk