Livin on the Edge now

Caymus88

22 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

Living on the Edge---I am not too sure if you are able to answer this question so it does not hurt to try.  Do you know if they have all the Elite level activities?  I just made it to elite level and it shows activities such as Captain's club wine tasting, behind the scenes tour, captains coffee lounge etc.?

Thank you for all your time.

These are the events we had a few weeks ago. They have since changed the Elite Cocktail Hour to The Club (reserved for CC).

Here is the CC newsletter that describes it  (scroll down).🙂

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-january-2019

A2E14CED-876B-434E-B4A4-6727CD9CBF45.thumb.jpeg.b0e8febc55c1794c83f16208f8be8192.jpegAB9D8549-DF09-4E80-8AA9-7F50BFD4C341.thumb.jpeg.e9086a9f841470cbb7ff670894155b5a.jpeg

Hi - trying to understand this - you said you booked your cabin after extensive research. Then why did you book on the starboard side within a few cabins of the MC where you would have obvious restricted views forward and restricted views up or down depending on where the MC was? The port side has no MC and the deck plans clearly show any depth changes and cabin blockages from deck to deck. Then you complained about the cabin you chose and expected them to do something about it. Really? The ship design and the many possible restricted line-of-sight cabins have been known and discussed on CC almost since booking opened 2 years ago. With all the information available, I find it hard to blame the cruise line. But just my personal opinion...Hope the good wine is easing your pain.

vtcruising   

These are the events we had a few weeks ago. They have since changed the Elite Cocktail Hour to The Club (reserved for CC).

Here is the CC newsletter that describes it  (scroll down).🙂

Thank you so much for posting.  

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

Hi - trying to understand this - you said you booked your cabin after extensive research. Then why did you book on the starboard side within a few cabins of the MC where you would have obvious restricted views forward and restricted views up or down depending on where the MC was? The port side has no MC and the deck plans clearly show any depth changes and cabin blockages from deck to deck. Then you complained about the cabin you chose and expected them to do something about it. Really? The ship design and the many possible restricted line-of-sight cabins have been known and discussed on CC almost since booking opened 2 years ago. With all the information available, I find it hard to blame the cruise line. But just my personal opinion...Hope the good wine is easing your pain.

Actually went on their website which showed our cabin with no obstructions

If you look, we just joined CC not long ago

Knew nothing about where MC would go.

could put up with MC rail blocking left side, but blocking our entire view cmon.  Should have been listed with extensive obstructions

Their website also listed a library

They lie

1 hour ago, Caymus88 said:

Actually went on their website which showed our cabin with no obstructions

If you look, we just joined CC not long ago

Knew nothing about where MC would go.

could put up with MC rail blocking left side, but blocking our entire view cmon.  Should have been listed with extensive obstructions

Their website also listed a library

They lie

A library was never isted in the website information.

Just now, Caymus88 said:

I saw it. Looked many times

must have a different one

I'm sure you did.

Odd that so many other people didn't and constantly asked on here where the library was. It caused a huge outcry that the Edge didn't have one

In all fairness to knowing or not knowing the cabin would be obstructed, Celebrity has been adjusting the list over time. It was clear to many of us back a year ago that there were a number of obstructed cabins that should have been identified as obstructed. The original plan only showed cabins next to sections that jutted out...as being obstructed.... sometime in Sept or October they added cabins on deck 6 that had lifeboat davits impacting view. Then they added the A and B veranda cabins to the list. So despite what should be obvious based on deck plan... Celebrity didn't seem to want to come forward with some of these obstructions until they heard from passengers. Even now there are a number of cabins that some might consider obstructed that are not listed as such.... for example... saw photos from one of the MC suites on Deck 12 where you an see the pieces that extend from the bottom of the MC that really impact view of the horizon... is that an obstruction? What about the support structures that also impact some suite views... some consider that an obstruction.... I guess if I paid the same as the cabin without these items I would consider it an obstruction. I even saw one person who thought the lack of a clear view of the water looking down... was an obstructed view. Personally my definition is that I should be able to stand at the rail and look right and left and have a clear view... Although not quite sure how I feel about deck 14 overhang impacting ability to look up and have a nice view of night sky. It does get complicated.

5 hours ago, lovewine said:

Does anyone know what times the shows are in the evening. We want to make dining reservations and do not want to miss shows

Most of the time the shows are at 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM   On occasionally they may vary and add a light night show.

Would be helpful to download the Celebrity App and check under entertainment.    Only the current cruise can be depended on for accuracy.

Edited by Jim_Iain