Vietnam+$5processing fee for all cruise vistors???

phillipahain

I can find nothing a out this from any Vietnam Embassy or Visa or immigration sites 

Cunard are trying to claim Immigration charge everyone with or without visas ...UK passengers do not need a visa 

Certainly never been charged a fee before 

Maybe its because they are too cheapskate to dock in Danang itself but instead are docking in dead and alive Chang Mai where unless your on a tour folk are told they cannot get off the ship 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have also had this added to our account on the last day.  I have queried this with Cunard as since our return home there have been other unknown charges added to our account and shown on or credit car bill.

We checked prior to departure and had the correct visas required by their website.

It appears as $5 pp but does not state which country.  Vietnam has no charge for UK visa.

I do not mind paying charges if I know about them and have incurred them, but to appear on our account or be added later without knowing what they are for is a little underhand.

I agree ...Cunard has  o right to charge this $5 for UK or other visa exempt passengers ...it also has no right to charge if USA or other passengers already have a Visa 

Its a new charge for all cruise ships passengers on a day visit  that replaces the need for other visas for the countries that are not exempt 

Hence anyone who was charged needs to contact Cunard and complain ...as for other charges after the final onboard account they are usually either Internet use after midnight on last evening or mini bar or the bottle of water .....hence why we always insist the entire mini bar is removed when we get on and get a receipt to confirm 

19 hours ago, phillipahain said:

I agree ...Cunard has  o right to charge this $5 for UK or other visa exempt passengers ...it also has no right to charge if USA or other passengers already have a Visa 

Its a new charge for all cruise ships passengers on a day visit  that replaces the need for other visas for the countries that are not exempt 

Hence anyone who was charged needs to contact Cunard and complain ...as for other charges after the final onboard account they are usually either Internet use after midnight on last evening or mini bar or the bottle of water .....hence why we always insist the entire mini bar is removed when we get on and get a receipt to confirm 

How do you get a receipt?  Does the steward issue it?

Thanks.

Viet Nam streamlined immigration rules for cruise ship passengers. Viet Nam began charging a $5 landing fee for every passenger. It saves US passengers (and maybe others) $45 and long immigration lines, others had their budget shot by the surprise $5 landing fee. Drink one less beer. https://vietnamvisaembassy.org/vietnam-visa-fee-cruise-passengers-back-us5-per-pax/

I did get a response from Cunard it is $5 processing fee which has to be paid by all cruise  passengers into Vietnam.

It would have been easier to understand if passengers had been informed of this charge on the port sheet sent to each cabin and Cunard UK have said they will pass this suggestion on.

Totally agree all such info should be very clear on Cruise Personliser and by a proper explanation sent to every cabin 

However the funny part is CBIT    Cunards own linked Visa Company knew nothing whatever about this new charge !!