Crown Medallion Class?

Lyndonn

Yes I'm wondering what Crown will be like with all of the Medallion changes and installations in June.  We are on the June 18-30 sailing so just miss actually using OM.  Hopefully it won't be too much of a mess.  And I hope we won't have non-functioning screens by our doors instead of the mailboxes. 

8 hours ago, kpauley said:

As of Friday (02/15), there are still mailboxes.....at least on Aloha deck. 

Great - counting down fo March 7 and hoping we don't experience the changeover.  

Right at changeover stewards have no proper training on how to deal with the missing mailboxes.  

We were on CB last July and once the mailboxes disappeared mid cruise we didn't get the patter or Log of the Cruise because the steward didn't know how to deliver them (or chose not to and blamed the mailboxes being gone).  (Yes went to guest services - no extra Logs to be found ...) 

21 hours ago, cruisintoddler said:

On Crown Princess - 

Are the mailboxes still at the cabin doors or are the screens up yet? 

Thanks

Mailboxes still there, brass/gold plates mounted above the mailbox where the screens will go. 

On 2/16/2019 at 6:33 PM, Lyndonn said:

Does anyone know when Medallion Class will be introduced on the Crown?

Thank you

PRINCESS MEDALLIONCLASS™

Now on Caribbean Princess® and coming soon to Regal Princess® (2/17/19), Royal Princess® (4/13/19), Crown Princess® (7/24/19), Sky Princess® (10/27/19) and Enchanted Princess℠ (6/19/20).

13 hours ago, TriumphGuy said:

Mailboxes still there, brass/gold plates mounted above the mailbox where the screens will go. 

Oh this is interesting !!   On CB they removed the mailboxes and put the screens where they used to be.   

Keeping the mailboxes makes a lot more sense!

395FD6E5-921C-43F2-97F7-99AF4FCCE775.jpeg

Edited by cruisintoddler

• 4 months later...

We just got off the Crown on 6/30/19 and it is already transitioning over to the Medallion. We got cruise cards when we boarded but by the third day we received medallions in our stateroom. So we were the guinea pigs for testing them out. Overall they worked okay, there were some initial problems with our cabin doors not staying locked when leaving but eventually they fixed that. I did appreciate having the medallion unlock the cabin door when my hands were full of coffee and breakfast plates in the morning. The mailboxes are indeed gone, and now they just stuff the Patters under your door or the steward puts them on the beds at turndown. The screen by the cabin door shows your names and a tiny medallion that is colored based on your status. When getting on and off the ship we had to scan both the medallion and regular cruise card. There were new screens throughout the ship that didn't seem to work yet where you could scan your medallion and see ship maps, find cabinmates, etc. It would pop up your identity though and I didn't want to do that on huge screens out in public. Just seemed weird to me but maybe I'm old fashioned. I still like my traditional cruise card and it carries easier in my pocket. I don't do lanyards and I definitely wouldn't pay for medallion bracelets or necklaces. I was sad to hear that bingo will no longer be done with an announcer but just played online on the medallions somehow. I've been playing bingo on cruises since I was a child and it has special family memories for me. So bingo would lose its appeal for us now when it goes automated. Oh well I guess technology is taking over the cruise world now, like everything else. 

Edited by rocklinmom
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

We just got off the Crown on 6/30/19 and it is already transitioning over to the Medallion. We got cruise cards when we boarded but by the third day we received medallions in our stateroom. So we were the guinea pigs for testing them out. Overall they worked okay, there were some initial problems with our cabin doors not staying locked when leaving but eventually they fixed that. I did appreciate having the medallion unlock the cabin door when my hands were full of coffee and breakfast plates in the morning. The mailboxes are indeed gone, and now they just stuff the Patters under your door or the steward puts them on the beds at turndown. The screen by the cabin door shows your names and a tiny medallion that is colored based on your status. When getting on and off the ship we had to scan both the medallion and regular cruise card. There were new screens throughout the ship that didn't seem to work yet where you could scan your medallion and see ship maps, find cabinmates, etc. It would pop up your identity though and I didn't want to do that on huge screens out in public. Just seemed weird to me but maybe I'm old fashioned. I still like my traditional cruise card and it carries easier in my pocket. I don't do lanyards and I definitely wouldn't pay for medallion bracelets or necklaces. I was sad to hear that bingo will no longer be done with an announcer but just played online on the medallions somehow. I've been playing bingo on cruises since I was a child and it has special family memories for me. So bingo would lose its appeal for us now when it goes automated. Oh well I guess technology is taking over the cruise world now, like everything else. 

Thanks for the update.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2019 at 10:08 AM, rocklinmom said:

Overall they worked okay, there were some initial problems with our cabin doors not staying locked when leaving but eventually they fixed that.

I'm just wondering if they corrected the problem of a medallion giving anyone the cabin number from one of those boards. Last year they said it would be taken care of in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 11:33 AM, MissP22 said:

I'm just wondering if they corrected the problem of a medallion giving anyone the cabin number from one of those boards. Last year they said it would be taken care of in the future.

When we were on the Regal in February the screens would show your id when near them (we used photos of our dog & cat for our "public" avatars) but I don't recall the cabin number showing.

2 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

When we were on the Regal in February the screens would show your id when near them (we used photos of our dog & cat for our "public" avatars) but I don't recall the cabin number showing.

No they wouldn't unless you were looking for directions to find your cabin.