Mother is D on Royal Caribbean and will be cruising on Celebrity Solstice

lucymorgan

Hi

My mother is cruising on Celebrity for the first time with some friends later this year.  She is diamond on Royal Caribbean and I have joined her up online to the Captain's Club on Celebrity.  

Their website has her cruise listed and her tier as 'preview'.  Her account also shows her Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Number.   I have a couple of questions to make sure she gets her benefits:

• do we need to do anything else to get her recognised as elite on Celebrity or will it be automatic?
  •  she has a cabin mate (a friend who lives in USA so definitely not at the same address as my mother who lives in Australia)  who does not (to my knowledge) have status on Celebrity.  Will her cabin mate also be invited to events such as the tour of the backstage theatre and the nightly cocktail party or will it just be my mother who is allowed to go.  

Thank you for any advice

Edited by lucymorgan

2 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

Her cabin mate can attend get-togethers but will not have access to the nightly cocktails and such.   Your Mother has earned that perk.

I’m not so sure about that. Both my wife and i are elite. On our last cruise, due to a glitch i was NOT shown as elite anywhere, but i still received everything she did, due to being in the same cabin. They have since corrected it and my account now shows elite.

2 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

I’m not so sure about that. Both my wife and i are elite. On our last cruise, due to a glitch i was NOT shown as elite anywhere, but i still received everything she did, due to being in the same cabin. They have since corrected it and my account now shows elite.

you are husband and wife and live at the same address, that gets the other spouse the same benefits.  In this case the other person sailing is not related and does not live at the same address, hence my answer