How long does it take to get off the ship in Cuba?

jfbbarry

Just got off Paradise this past Thursday and we chose to wait by the stairwell about 20 minutes before they opened it up. We were some of the first off the boat and to go thru customs and to currency exchange. Took us about 30 minutes max. We then had about an hour wait for our 9am private excursion. 

16 hours ago, ccd228 said:

Just got off Paradise this past Thursday and we chose to wait by the stairwell about 20 minutes before they opened it up. We were some of the first off the boat and to go thru customs and to currency exchange. Took us about 30 minutes max. We then had about an hour wait for our 9am private excursion. 

Where do you get off the ship: What stairwell and what deck? 

What scheduled time is disembarkation in Cuba

We are scheduling our guide to meet us around 10:30 or 11am.  says we dock at 8am so I'm hoping this is late enough to avoid the madness of all the people that need to be first off.  Hoping to have a breakfast then head on out.  

We went to Cuba last year.  The disembarkation, from the time we lined up until we walked out of the terminal after exchanging money, was about 1 hour.  

CUBA HACK: buy Euros or British pounds from your local bank before you leave.  Exchange those for the Cuban tourist currency.  If you exchange US dollars, they hit you with a 10% "tax" because they are still miffed about that whole little embargo thing.  When you leave and change your money back, you automatically get US currency (no tax).

10 hours ago, scpirate said:

I booked a 10:30 tour to avoid the stampede.we will take our time eating breakfast tour was prepaid in u.s.dollars.im not even going to exchange for CUC if they want a tip I'm sure they will take my greenbacks.

Be careful trying to pay for anything with US dollars.  The Cuban government doesn't want US currency circulating around.

• Like 1