Priority Boarding Question

thenexus2k

According to Carnival's website:

"VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations"

What exactly is a deluxe suite? Is that any suite or are there different classes of suites and some do not fall under the priority boarding umbrella?

It seems to me that on our last cruise, we had a ocean suite and got this treatment. Our next cruise is in October 2019, we booked one of the Aft corner wrap around balcony suites. It is labeled as a suite in the booking, but does that make it a deluxe suite? Will I get priority boarding or do I need to keep an eye out for FTTF? What is this "Captain's Lounge" thing? Anyone have any details on that? We will be leaving out of the Long Beach Terminal if that helps.

I apologize for my ignorance, just looking for clarity. Thanks in advance!

IF your cabin is called a suite then it will have priority on your boarding pass.

You can go into your account and look at the boarding pass (make believe you are going to print it) to see it.

I don't know what ship you are on? Not all of them have a Captain's lounge.

• Like 2

Thanks! Good tip! I cannot yet print out the boarding passes as it's too early, BUT I was able to bring up the "print general information" and it has PRIORITY stamped on it, so awesome!

This looks to be an older boat "Miracle", so probably no Captains Lounge if that's a newer thing.  14 day cruise to HI and back, and (most importantly) SANS children! First cruise in years that my wife and I have taken without the kids, so I am really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

Thanks! Good tip! I cannot yet print out the boarding passes as it's too early, BUT I was able to bring up the "print general information" and it has PRIORITY stamped on it, so awesome!

This looks to be an older boat "Miracle", so probably no Captains Lounge if that's a newer thing.  14 day cruise to HI and back, and (most importantly) SANS children! First cruise in years that my wife and I have taken without the kids, so I am really looking forward to it. 

Oh, you lucky duck.  I want to see PRIORITY on my boarding pass!!!  I'm just not willing to pay for it.  LOL.

1 hour ago, thenexus2k said:

What is this "Captain's Lounge" thing? Anyone have any details on that? We will be leaving out of the Long Beach Terminal if that helps.

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

I don't know what ship you are on? Not all of them have a Captain's lounge.

The Captain's lounge is a separate waiting area for D/P & Suites in the terminal.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:50 AM, Schoifmom said:

The Captain's lounge is a separate waiting area for D/P & Suites in the terminal.

Note sure why I am, but I’m really excited to see how the captain ‘s lounge works!

3 hours ago, JazzyInRI said:

Note sure why I am, but I’m really excited to see how the captain ‘s lounge works!

It isn’t really anything special. In some ports it’s a separate room in the terminal. In other ports, like Tampa, it is just a roped off area in the terminal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JazzyInRI said:

Even though we think we get there early, the last 4 or 5 cruises they have already boarded those in the Captain's Lounge.  Actually, last time we missed it by 5 minutes (at 11:15am).  But, it is so much simpler, at least in Galveston, to check in, go through Security, go upstairs and told to just walk on the ship.

• Like 1