Deals on board

I have to say, I love these boards!  All the tips and inside info keeps me occupied as I count down the days to our next cruise ... which is in a few weeks on the Escape.

Every once in awhile I come across someone mentioning deals/discounts on board for certain things / at certain times. For instance I just read someone mention that the first day there is a discount at certain restaurants!  I wasn’t aware!!! 

So I ask all of you ... what deals/discounts should I keep an eye out for?

36 minutes ago, Jessieasanders said:

I have to say, I love these boards!  All the tips and inside info keeps me occupied as I count down the days to our next cruise ... which is in a few weeks on the Escape.

Every once in awhile I come across someone mentioning deals/discounts on board for certain things / at certain times. For instance I just read someone mention that the first day there is a discount at certain restaurants!  I wasn’t aware!!! 

So I ask all of you ... what deals/discounts should I keep an eye out for?

If interested they seem to do one bag of laundry for $20, that deal is usually announced around mid cruise,  seems like the last sea day you can get some deals on junk at the shops, every day they always have some type of special drink deal, like today we will have the "beach roundy" for $12.95, or with souvenir glass for $16.00.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Never seen any first day restaurant deals. 

I have, but it was in about 2013. 🙂

I have a vague memory of someone mentioning such an offer some time last year, but if so it seemed to be something that was being offered on at specific cruise. Certainly not been generally offered for many years.

15 hours ago, Newleno said:

If interested they seem to do one bag of laundry for $20, that deal is usually announced around mid cruise,  seems like the last sea day you can get some deals on junk at the shops, every day they always have some type of special drink deal, like today we will have the "beach roundy" for $12.95, or with souvenir glass for $16.00.  

Be careful about the "deals" offered in the shops.  I remember one cruise on the Breakaway when there was a sale on jewelry the first night.  Decided to wait to see what would be offered later in the cruise. I think it was either the last or the second to last night when they advertised this "huge" discounted sale on jewelry.  There were mobs of people buying everything up  By the time I was able to get close enough to see what was there,  I saw it was the same jewelry that was on sale the first night  But for this so-called special, it was MORE money!

8 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I have, but it was in about 2013. 🙂

I have a vague memory of someone mentioning such an offer some time last year, but if so it seemed to be something that was being offered on at specific cruise. Certainly not been generally offered for many years.

I think dinner theater was discounted by $10 pp on the first night.  I recall we did it several years ago ... maybe Cirque.  I don’t believe it is available anymore.  Spa passes are cheaper to pre-book

5 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Not recently anyway.They used to have them all the time, first and last night ones but I don't think in the past 5 years I have seen one. 

I remember the days (10-12 years ago) when the cover for specialty restaurants was 50% off after 9pm!

3 hours ago, bjtravelnews said:

Be careful about the "deals" offered in the shops.  I remember one cruise on the Breakaway when there was a sale on jewelry the first night.  Decided to wait to see what would be offered later in the cruise. I think it was either the last or the second to last night when they advertised this "huge" discounted sale on jewelry.  There were mobs of people buying everything up  By the time I was able to get close enough to see what was there,  I saw it was the same jewelry that was on sale the first night  But for this so-called special, it was MORE money!

We've seen that too. They mark things up then have a "sale" back to previous price.  Classy.

36 minutes ago, cdnsteelman said:

I remember the days (10-12 years ago) when the cover for specialty restaurants was 50% off after 9pm!

I do too. Those days are long gone. Of course I remember back even before that when Le Bistro, the first specialty dining room was $5. 

• Like 1