Can we make 11 a.m. flight at FLL after disembarking in Miami at 7 a.m?

Sun Lover

For a flight at 11:00 you need to be at FLL by 9:30, and 9:00 is better.  With the ride from POM  taking 30-45+ minutes that translates into off the ship, with bags and clear of customs and immigration by about 8:00.  If you line up early and carry your bags off and everything goes right you will make it.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home?  I would choose a flight leaving in the afternoon, but it is your call.

Good luck! :classic_smile:

Edited by JohninDC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't attempt the 11: or 11:30 flight. I've flown in and out of FLL multiple times and it seems to get worse with each trip. Last time,  a Sunday morning, check-in lines were out the door. The agent shouted that he wanted everyone to get their own tags and put them on and then leave the luggage in a pile in the middle of the floor. From there, it was  another twenty minutes in line [we have pre-check/trusted traveler] between the sniffy dogs, snarling security and then through the TSA process with many passengers totally clueless about what they could take onto the plane. IMO, there should be an alternate TSA line titled CLUELESS and packing liquids, gels and other things like scissors, knives, etc.,  and the other line for those who know what 311 means. 

Darcy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd take the 11AM flight, no problem.  If things go normal, you'll make it with lots of time to spare.  You'll just want to make sure to line up early for self-disembark and take your bags off with you.

You will likely be at the airport by 8-8:30AM.  Which is obviously more than enough time for an 11AM flight.

Emergency happens, ship is late, whatever... well, that's life, isn't it?  You could take a 1PM flight and miss it if the ship is delayed by a medical emergency.  Can't really plan that way.  If things go normal, which they normally do, you'll easily make the 11AM flight.

If you miss the flight.  You do what every other person does.  You walk up to the counter and the nice customer service person will help get you on another flight.  Not the end of the world.

• Thanks 1

No, I meant if I took a flight later in the afternoon rather than the morning, I wouldn't get home until 4 hours later.  With the 11:32 flight, I'd be home at 7:30 p.m. and if I waited until an afternoon flight, I wouldn't get home until 11:30 p.m.

A month back we had part of our group on a 11:35am flight in FLL and we were coming from port Miami. We made it with plenty of time but everything went super smooth.

We had our transportation scheduled waiting for us outside for 9am. We all kept our bags and walked off which actually went way quicker than I thought (customs didn't stop or check any of our bags and we were a group of 40!) . We left our rooms at 8:10am and were outside the boat by 8:50am latest. Arrived at airport by 9:45ish.

It can without a doubt be done. IF everything goes smooth.