£462 for 7 nights... Bargain

AndyMichelle

Just in case anybody is looking for a good deal and hasn't seen this, P&O are offering 7 nights on Azura A910 on 27/4/2019 Europe cruise for £462 inside or £479 for sea view and £599 for a balcony.

£66 per night... I can eat that value easily...

2 hours ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

Yes that is good value, especially if it is select price?  Have seen under £60pppn regularly and have paid £53pppn once in the past(3 years ago), inside cabin, late saver.

Yes, we paid less in December on Aurora, but compared to most of the prices currently advertised, which seem to be creeping up, this stood out as a very good deal.

There are not many available for less than £100 per night.

Andy

25 minutes ago, tjwa said:

Despite the price drops they(P&O) are still overpriced and overrated.

C'mon Jean no need to know what you paid for your cruise and what the price is now.:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Not to everybody's taste, but we enjoy P&O and think they are good value.

Each to their own I suppose.

2 hours ago, tjwa said:

C'mon Jean no need to know what you paid for your cruise and what the price is now.:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Presumably you won't be booking a cruise then?:classic_rolleyes:

The 35 day Caribbean cruise, P&O in Jan just gone was available on at least 2 occasions for a week or so each time for £57pppn.   Each year for last 5 it has been the same. Couldn't do it first because of work then now that I am retired I was off holiday's cos of accident recovery. Will look out for next year's best price.

45 minutes ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

The 35 day Caribbean cruise, P&O in Jan just gone was available on at least 2 occasions for a week or so each time for £57pppn.   Each year for last 5 it has been the same. Couldn't do it first because of work then now that I am retired I was off holiday's cos of accident recovery. Will look out for next year's best price.

Fantastic prices, just goes to show if you monitor the prices and are ready to book you can get a great deal.

They jump quite quickly though, we pre registered last night for Iona December 2020, 7 nights £399 each, this morning it is £449...

Unfortunately, we cannot do longer cruises at the moment but do fancy the Carribean at those prices. We will keep dreaming for now.

Andy

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Fantastic prices, just goes to show if you monitor the prices and are ready to book you can get a great deal.

They jump quite quickly though, we pre registered last night for Iona December 2020, 7 nights £399 each, this morning it is £449...

Unfortunately, we cannot do longer cruises at the moment but do fancy the Carribean at those prices. We will keep dreaming for now.

Andy

That's an interesting situation, given what happened during the last pre-booking period. 

Given that you can't actually book and confirm until the prices go live in a few days, I wonder what the price actually charged will be?

2 hours ago, docco said:

That's an interesting situation, given what happened during the last pre-booking period. 

Given that you can't actually book and confirm until the prices go live in a few days, I wonder what the price actually charged will be?

My TA told me that prices were fixed until they go on general sale, obviously not true.

I was told that the pre registration costs are fixed until 10 am the morning of general release.I think this is probably the case as last september we were onboard Aurora and wanted to book a cruise which some people had pre registered for.The girl on future sales told us she would book it for us at 8am as soon as bookings opened but by the time she got round to it the price had increased!! we still booked but I  complained to P and O when we returned home and they said the price had increased at 10am and in this instance they would let us have the cruise at the 8am price

3 hours ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Still available £399.

Still available £399.

Still available £399.

Just checked P&O website, still saying from £449 for the one we booked, G028. It was £399 when we registered last night.

They took our deposit and the email says £798 for both of us.

We shall see....

Andy

5 hours ago, docco said:

I'm hoping it stays at £399, we will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just checked P&O website, still saying from £449 for the one we booked, G028. It was £399 when we registered last night.

They took our deposit and the email says £798 for both of us.

We shall see....

Andy

The price starts off as £449, but once you input your data it changes to £399, which is a12% reduction, yet another example of P&Os IT expertise.

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The price starts off as £449, but once you input your data it changes to £399, which is a12% reduction, yet another example of P&Os IT expertise.

How confusing....

Surely they should be advertising the bottom line price?

It was advertised last night from £399 but no reduction when we input our details.

Andy

On 3/12/2019 at 8:51 PM, tjwa said:

Me?  £65 per night for a 19 night cruise and only Balconies available now. Happy with that.

Edited by jeanlyon

The new launch prices do seem a bit higher than last year, but whether that is down to recovering the gratuity charge or the drop in Sterling's value, or higher fuel costs, or a combination of all 3 only P&O management know.  But comparing P&O launch prices to recent RCI group and Princess launch prices, they are very competitive, and that's before you factor in the cheaper drink prices and no gratuities.

Of course once fluid pricing kicks in then it's a free for all, with the popular ships and itineraries quickly making launch deals look very attractive.  So don't delay, he who hesitates loses money.

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

The new launch prices do seem a bit higher than last year, but whether that is down to recovering the gratuity charge or the drop in Sterling's value, or higher fuel costs, or a combination of all 3 only P&O management know.  But comparing P&O launch prices to recent RCI group and Princess launch prices, they are very competitive, and that's before you factor in the cheaper drink prices and no gratuities.

Of course once fluid pricing kicks in then it's a free for all, with the popular ships and itineraries quickly making launch deals look very attractive.  So don't delay, he who hesitates loses money.

With the uncertainty over the UK economy and the factors you mentioned above, I was surprised there are still bargains (IMO) to be had and the base prices have not increased by more.

Large companies do not usually need much of an excuse to hike up costs.

We have to remember that they need to fill these huge new ships in a competitive market, so bargains should always be out there somewhere.

6 hours ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

Jeanny, Correct me if I'm wrong but seem to recall you said in a reply to a thread about prices late last year (when pushed about lot's of replies being vague) that you said "OK for my upcoming cruises It's £1400 & £1600".  A bit more than £65pppn.

Well I paid £1357 for this next one so you are correct, it's £71 per night, sorry about that.   Still a great price.

7 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Well I paid £1357 for this next one so you are correct, it's £71 per night, sorry about that.   Still a great price.

Fantastic price Jean.

It doesn't matter what you pay, as long as you are happy with it.

I love a bargain but am equally happy to pay top dollar for something I really want.

Andy