Where to book Sanctuary

NSAHO79

We are sailing on the Regal Princess in April.  I understand that I cannot book the Sanctuary ahead of time.  I would like to know where you have to go once you are on board in order to get this booked?  Is it Customer Service or some other venue?  Have not been on Princess in 10 years.  Thanks.

Go directly to the Sanctuary upon boarding to book. You have to be there to select your lounge(s) and location.

Too add, if you are on a Caribbean cruise it may fill up quickly. The Regal as 1 Caribbean sailing in April. If you are on the Trans Atlantic or the Baltic cruises then it will most likely be too cool for the sanctuary. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

You will want to go straight up to the sanctuary when you board the ship to book your chairs or cabana.  There will most likely be a line.  It can book up quickly if the cruise is close to selling out or sold out.  Also, the guests that are doing B2B cruises have most likely already booked their chairs/cabana for the week. You will love the sanctuary.  Have a wonderful trip!

The reason why you need to book in the Sanctuary itself is that you select a specific lounger in a specific location. Some are in the sun, some in the shade, some with a view, some closer to the nearby pool, etc. There’s no way to know ahead of time which lounger you want or which are available. The loungers aren’t stationary and the configuration can change. 

3 hours ago, Gorilla Girl said:

You will want to go straight up to the sanctuary when you board the ship to book your chairs or cabana.  There will most likely be a line.  It can book up quickly if the cruise is close to selling out or sold out.  Also, the guests that are doing B2B cruises have most likely already booked their chairs/cabana for the week. You will love the sanctuary.  Have a wonderful trip!

Do the B2B cruisers get to book the sanctuary for both segments of their cruise at the beginning of their trip? 

5 hours ago, NSAHO79 said:

We are sailing on the Regal Princess in April.  I understand that I cannot book the Sanctuary ahead of time.  I would like to know where you have to go once you are on board in order to get this booked?  Is it Customer Service or some other venue?  Have not been on Princess in 10 years.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, NSAHO79 said:

1 hour ago, Travelingfreckles said:

Do the B2B cruisers get to book the sanctuary for both segments of their cruise at the beginning of their trip? 

we thought we had to run up there.  I did, but we did 3 b2bs and no one was up there the entire time.  I checked with my friend who did another ship in Caribbean and she said the same thing, they were the only ones there;  This was prime time in February.  Next time I will take time to eat in  the dining room

5 hours ago, Travelingfreckles said:

Yes, you can book for the length of your cruise(s). I have an upcoming B2B and plan to book it for my first 7-day cruise and select days for my second B2B cruise. 

On 3/17/2019 at 6:55 PM, Cyn874 said:

How do you book 3 chairs together? My family and I are traveling, so there will be 3 of us. But in all the pictures I've seen, the chairs are grouped in pairs. 

There are plenty of location where 3 loungers adjacent can be booked though they tend to be oriented towards the sides of the ship.  If you prefer sun over shade the entire full sun areas have few obstructions between loungers.

Sanctuary staff will do what they can (meaning moving loungers around a bit) to make you happy - within the bounds of interfering with space others have booked.  Do realize loungers will return to their "home base" every night since the staff don't necessarily know who's booked what for the next day.

• Like 1