Civitavecchia(for Rome).. Free shuttle to Civitavecchia

DeeniEncinitas

Good morning all!

Here is my question?

On HAL our cruise in 2013 we took a shuttle from ship right to the front gate and it was a short walk to the Civitavecchia train terminal to go into Rome.

On our cruise in 2016 with HAL took shuttle BUT IT TOOK US BEYOND THE FRONT GATE OUT TO THE END OF TOWN AND WE HAD TO WALK THROUGH TOWN TO GET TO TRAIN STATION. It was a Sunday most shops closed but it was a nice walk and enjoyed the time. 

Well this time we will be getting off and taking the train to Rome doing our own thing for 5 days before we go to Monte Carlo to take another cruise on O. Will we be dropped off at the front gate so we can walk across the street with our bags to take the train on the shuttle?

OR CAN WE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS ON BOARD TO PAY TO GO TO AIRPORT TO BE DROPPED OFF SO WE CAN TAKE THE TRAIN THERE INTO ROME. The train at airport we can get a nice seat to travel compared to the station at Civitavecchia. (We would only do this if O drives us clear out of the town and with luggage we’d have to walk back😒

Sorry for the long NOVEL LOL

Appriciate all responses

Denise😊

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

you lost  me 🙂

But usually  Oceania  will transfer you to FCO  for  a fee 

Sorry😒

Too much long info. 

We’d like to take the small train at port. I just wanted to know if they drop you off from the shuttle to front gate. if not then it will be great to take O transfer to FCO for a fee👍

Denise😊

Thank you a lot.

option 3

see if anyone on your roll call  is going to Rome or FCO  with a private driver  it may work out  cheaper or at least more comfortable for you 😉

or just book a private driver  to Rome ..Rome in Limo  is highly recommended

The new entrance to the docks is the one you went to the second time ie  just out of the centre of town. If you want to prebook a taxi transfer they can collect you at the ship and take you into Rome or to the train station. Otherwise there are usually some taxis at the entrance. 

7 minutes ago, jo-b said:

The new entrance to the docks is the one you went to the second time ie  just out of the centre of town. If you want to prebook a taxi transfer they can collect you at the ship and take you into Rome or to the train station. Otherwise there are usually some taxis at the entrance. 

Thank you! Pre book taxi transfer on ship? We go to Europe a lot but always had train stations close by. This would be a first for us.

Denise😊

5 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

We go to Europe a lot but always had train stations close by. This would be a first for us.

Do you really want to deal with carting all your luggage, and yourselves to the train station?

Whenever I take a european train, it is always arriving on the "other" track which requires going up and down flights of stairs.

4 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

Do you really want to deal with carting all your luggage, and yourselves to the train station?

Whenever I take a european train, it is always arriving on the "other" track which requires going up and down flights of stairs.

I agree!! Will be gone 3 months on 3 cruises from San Diego to Med. we use our 22 inch 4 wheel suite case and back pack. Know how to travel light with our clothes. We enjoy train rides best station is Milan! We know the FCC train station and it will be fine for us, and will go into Tremini Staion! We enjoy adventure. I will not venture from the drop off to the small train depot walking and a taxi is fine but standing room only on that train last time was a bi...! Your right it seems it’s always the other track.

Thanks all for the reply’s.

Denise👍

We usually prebook a transfer into Rome from the ship booked before we leave with www.rome-chauffeur.com book online and pay when you get to hotel or airport. Never let us down in 6/7 times. 

For up to 2 people: 130 Euros
For up to 3 people: 140 Euros
For up to 4 people: 150 Euros
For up to 5 people: 160 Euros
For up to 6 people: 170 Euros
For up to 7 people: 190 Euros
For up to 8 people: 200 Euros

Prices seem  reasonable and we have even changed once booked  to a larger vehicle when we have met people on board who haven't planned ahead! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jo-b said:

We usually prebook a transfer into Rome from the ship booked before we leave with www.rome-chauffeur.com book online and pay when you get to hotel or airport. Never let us down in 6/7 times. 

For up to 2 people: 130 Euros
For up to 3 people: 140 Euros
For up to 4 people: 150 Euros
For up to 5 people: 160 Euros
For up to 6 people: 170 Euros
For up to 7 people: 190 Euros
For up to 8 people: 200 Euros

Prices seem  reasonable and we have even changed once booked  to a larger vehicle when we have met people on board who haven't planned ahead! 

OMGOSH! Perfect! Very reasonable.

That is what will do👍

Denise😊

• Like 1

Can also recommend RomeCabs.   Have used them on 2 trips and they are wonderful.   On our most recent trip they picked us up at the airport and brought us to our hotel, and then 5 days later picked us up after dinner and brought us to our airport hotel because we had an early flight out the next morning.   Courteous, careful drivers, prompt, reliable - I can't say enough.

• Thanks 1

Also used RomeCabs and they were great! I am very frugal, book a cheap inside cabin (less motion and quiet), fly economy except with points, when I occasionally splurge on business. But there is a time and a place for deciding on comfort and the pier/Rome transfer is one, another is the water taxi from our hotel in Venice to the airport after our cruise.

Mary

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, StanandJim said:

StanandJim are correct. My husband lived in a small town in Germany. The screen name I use is the name of the town. It is a gorgeous place no one hears about because it is built on steep hills, and there is nowhere to park the bus. No matter where we board a train to get there, it is also on the other track. In the early days, the station in Milan could only be entered after a climb on a Grand Staircase, for real. Mussolini liked it that way. We didn't.

Mary

Edited by warburg
error

Another happy customer of Rome Cabs. They picked us up at the ship and took us to the airport. Right outside the ship, right on time. Nice Mercedes sedan. Well worth the money.