Another Drink Package Question - I thought I understood, sorry!

nicole2772

I thought I understood the Aurea drink packages pre- and post- November 2018. I just looked at my cruise docs and there is no indication of the package other than “all inclusive unlimited drinks.” It only details “alcoholic and soft drinks”. I booked in January 2018, so I should be grandfathered for the retired Classic package. I don’t see that referenced on my docs. Shouldn’t I see a code somewhere?

You will have the classic drinks package as it was in your travel docs you will have a code which is the drinks code that you will have on your cruise card the code will be something like

drinks package number for america its 534 then 5 letters and numbers after that the 534 will be the drinks package 

when do you cruise

drinks package 534.jpg

• Like 1

I cruise April 16 on Meraviglia in Europe.  Mine looks like this...Pretty much the same as the description, just no price limits listed.

Note:  I booked the package well before the changes, so this is the grandfathered package but I just got my cruise docs last week and this is how it was written.

PREPURCHASE.png.e94c6e0978baa2126df9506fe5f3e7d0.png

Edited by EllaDuChien

thats correct in europe its called the all inclusive bar and restaurant package its the same as the classic in the states from all that i've seen they are equivalent to the new premium packages but don't take my word on that

i know the gelato is included butwasn't sure of the other items included in the classic but not on the premium.

sidari what price level was the old classic going up to in the states when you went on Divina.

i know i'm going on the seaside but expect it to be much the same price point then again it is MSC

3 minutes ago, sidari said:

There are more items in the classic package.

That's for sure! We're getting ready to book a December 2019 sailing on the Armonia and the offerings for the Easy package are quite slim, in my opinion. I guess "Easy" means "easy for them to make money by getting pax to spring for the Premium package." :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, ikea logistics said:

You will have the classic drinks package as it was in your travel docs you will have a code which is the drinks code that you will have on your cruise card the code will be something like

drinks package number for america its 534 then 5 letters and numbers after that the 534 will be the drinks package 

when do you cruise

drinks package 534.jpg

June 22nd. We have some time, but now that we are 90ish days out, we are starting to look at everything in detail!

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

That's for sure! We're getting ready to book a December 2019 sailing on the Armonia and the offerings for the Easy package are quite slim, in my opinion. I guess "Easy" means "easy for them to make money by getting pax to spring for the Premium package." :classic_biggrin:

That exact upgrade for me on April sailing on Seaside next month....  can’t sail without it. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

I cruise April 16 on Meraviglia in Europe.  Mine looks like this...Pretty much the same as the description, just no price limits listed.

Note:  I booked the package well before the changes, so this is the grandfathered package but I just got my cruise docs last week and this is how it was written.

PREPURCHASE.png.e94c6e0978baa2126df9506fe5f3e7d0.png

This is certainly the best package MSC ever offered IMHO, 

It is NOT the same as classic which had a wider range of drinks and higher price.

Easy is much much worse, Premium is a bit better (as there are bottled beers and premium spirits to choose but not gelato).

Lucky you had the chance too book AIR&B!!! Enjoy!!!

11 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

It's so confusing...

On the gelato, on our trip last week, the gelato was free to everyone, they never even asked for your card/key

I wish I was wrong, but no gelato anymore, sailing on April with Premium Package and IT is a bummer.

Let´s hear from real and actual experiences with new drinks packages and gelato by the pool. Maybe MSC steps back and keep serving it.

The free gelato on Armonia has nothing to do with packages - it's particular to this ship, only:

New included delights

MSC Armonia will also introduce some complimentary treats with the cruise experience. MSC Cruises is already known for offering some of the best gelato at sea and now, every creamy bite comes included with the cruise, leaving guests plenty of opportunity to try every flavour on board.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JP Medina said:

This is certainly the best package MSC ever offered IMHO, 

It is NOT the same as classic which had a wider range of drinks and higher price.

Easy is much much worse, Premium is a bit better (as there are bottled beers and premium spirits to choose but not gelato).

Lucky you had the chance too book AIR&B!!! Enjoy!!!

JP - I agree.  And considering I paid $23 USD a day it was a complete steal.  In fact, I believe it was a mistake at that price because when my mother went to purchase it (she is staying on for the b2b) it was significantly more expensive.  But I'll take it!