Dumb question of the Day.

AmberTeka

I have points on AARP to buy Carnival Gift Cards. Si I would like to buy and use Carnival Gift cards to pay  for a cruise I have booked for September, 2019.  So I am here  and they are there, do I just give them the Pin number over the phone? Mail the cards to them?  Thank you. 

It sounds like you booked directly thru Carnival (makes a difference on the answer).  You are able to phone pay with the # on the back of the card on non-TA reservations.  For travel agent bookings, its up to the TA to accept & apply the card info to your booking.  

I’d like to hear more from others on general acceptance by online TAs to apply this for you.

Edited by soonernstlouis

You can pay a cruise balance on line thru the manage my cruise tab.  Enter the amount of the card, press the gift card tab instead of credit card, and put in the card # and PIN.  Repeat for multiple cards.

Or you can call Carnival as well. 

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 2

I pay with them through my cruise manager.  I type in the card number, and then I type in the pin number.  This is both with the ecards, or the physical cards that are sent to me.  I'm hoping they have the $500 ecards again when I go to pay off my cruise--much easier increments for entering numbers and pins. 

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

You can pay a cruise balance on line thru the manage my cruise tab.  Enter the amount of the card, press the gift card tab instead of credit card, and put in the card # and PIN.  Repeat for multiple cards.

Or you can call Carnival as well. 

It's what I did.manage my cruise enter the info.