New Question

4x4bob

End of summer this year we will be going on a 30 day cruise.  

Normally I get a hair cut and beard trim just before we go.

However, after two weeks I will look like I lived in the mountains all summer trapping beaver or something.  🤠

And, the Wife will want us to have photos taken on formal nights since that will be one of the few times she can get me to wear a suit.  Stopped doing that after I retired.

So, my question is.  Who do I see or where do I go to get a hair cut and beard trim on a Ship?  We will be on the Emerald Princess. 

Thanks

Bob

4 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

Try the Beauty Salon on Deck 16 forward. Might cost you an arm and a leg.

Are you stopping at any ports where you might have access to a Barber??

Thanks

I may have to try and find one  on land.  I was thinking that I could use the time on ship since we will have lots of at sea days.

Bob

I actually plan my hair cuts / beard trims to occur shipboard when possible.

Generally, there is a "Mens Special" which includes a haircut & shave (the latter can be converted to a beard trim) for something like $69.  That's a multiple of what I'd pay at home, but it's a nice pampered experience and one of the few splurges I spend for onboard.  

Book at the Lotus Spa.  

If you like your hair cut very short, do it yourself.  I like the Marine style.  Bought a shaver just like the barbers use.  Real easy and pays for itself after two haircuts.

I think $18 is expensive for a haircut; no way would I pay $69!

• Like 1

I don't have a lot of hair left. I take clippers and my wife takes care of things just like she does at home. A #2 where there's "mostly" hair and a #1 on top where there is "a little" hair. Quick and inexpensive. I keep threatening to get a beard trimmer but I end up going old school with a pair of scissors. One of these days...

• Like 2

Thanks to all that took time to respond.

$69.00 in the spa.  That would frost the Wife.  That OBC could be used for something useful, like shopping the sale benches set up on Desk 7 or going through the left over sale items from Cruises past.  🤣

Bob