How are you notified when Meet & Mingle to take place

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

What a great idea! 

Agree also.  I think many of the M&M host crew members have never even looked at the threads.  Would sure be nice if they would peek in on the roll call thread of the group they are about to host.  On Oasis the host had never even heard of a "screen name".  I had suggested to her that when she had someone introduce themselves...she should ask their screen name, which made her totally confused.  She only asked their first name and where they are from when passing out prizes.  

2 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Related question: is there a risk that the M&M will be scheduled so as to conflict with the Bottomless Galley Brunch, which is at 10:30 a.m. on day 2? That's our only sea day.

Possible. Wont know though. I've done B2B and each of cruises were same, different times for each M&M

3 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Related question: is there a risk that the M&M will be scheduled so as to conflict with the Bottomless Galley Brunch, which is at 10:30 a.m. on day 2? That's our only sea day.

Could very well be so.   When you look at the cruise compass...a lot of different events compete with each other.  Can't do them all I guess.  Of course there are options for those that would not like one venue or the other.  CC members on the ship are a small minority.  

My experience is, you will not receive one.  3 cruises, NEVER got one.

Oh, sorry, after complaining AT the M&M, I got the invite AFTER the event.

The person to ask is the Group Coordinator.  They are the one who sets it up.  

I now ASK on the first day.  

16 hours ago, SRF said:

My experience is, you will not receive one.  3 cruises, NEVER got one.

Oh, sorry, after complaining AT the M&M, I got the invite AFTER the event.

The person to ask is the Group Coordinator.  They are the one who sets it up.  

I now ASK on the first day.  

Have cruised "just a few times 😉 "  and only once did I not receive the invitation.   Was very simple to go to GS and ask about it.  Guess I got lucky.  

On 5/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, SRF said:

They must not like me. 😄

0 for 3. 

Have 3 more cruises booked, I will see if we can go 0 for 6.

You just jinxed yourself...watch you will get 3 for 3 now.  😄 

I have 19 cruises booked...what do you think my odds will be?  😉 

This was posted in our roll call from Flavio, the Activities Manager on Allure. I think this is a GREAT idea and much appreciate the connection (even though he gave the time for the Top Tier and not the time for the meet and mingle lol). First time this has ever happened. Love it! 

Hello everyone, this is Flavio, the Activities Manager on Allure of the Seas and I would like to welcome you all to this gorgeous ship.

I am here to inform you all that the Cruise Critics Meet & Mingle will be on Dazzles, Deck 8 on day 2 of your Cruise Vacation.

On the same day we will have the C&A Top Tier event at 10:45 am, in the Aqua Theater, it is only two steps down and our event finishes on time for you to walk and also enjoy the event.

I would like to say how EXCITED I am to get you all on board.

and let me give you some information about this upcoming cruise.

Day 1 - Sail Away Party at 4:45 pm, Poolside

Day 2 - Formal Night - Captain's Picture from 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm

Day 3 - World's Sexiest Man Competition, Caribbean Night in the Promenade, Love & Marriage Game Show and Escape by Malibu Party in Solarium

Day 4 - 70's Night in the Promenade

Day 5 - Formal Night, 50's and 60's Party in the Royal Promenade, Dancing with the Stripes Contest

Day 6 - White attire night, Latin Live music Party at the Boardwalk. La Noche Latina en Boardwalk and The Quest Game Show

Day 7 - Belly Flop Contest, Crew vs Guests Pool Volleyball Captain's Corner, Win a Cruise Bingo, Farewell Extravaganza Party at the Promenade

We have a daily game shows, Karaoke, trivia, progressive trivia, night club experience, Adult game shows, family game shows, FlowRider Surf simulator, Zip Lining, Rock Climbing Wall and Ice Skating available for you.

Get yourself involved and Welcome Aboard the Allure of the Seas.

Hope to see you all on this amazing Royal Way cruise vacation.

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This was posted in our roll call from Flavio, the Activities Manager on Allure. I think this is a GREAT idea and much appreciate the connection (even though he gave the time for the Top Tier and not the time for the meet and mingle lol). First time this has ever happened. Love it! 

Hello everyone, this is Flavio, the Activities Manager on Allure of the Seas and I would like to welcome you all to this gorgeous ship.

I am here to inform you all that the Cruise Critics Meet & Mingle will be on Dazzles, Deck 8 on day 2 of your Cruise Vacation.

On the same day we will have the C&A Top Tier event at 10:45 am, in the Aqua Theater, it is only two steps down and our event finishes on time for you to walk and also enjoy the event.

<snip>

Get yourself involved and Welcome Aboard the Allure of the Seas.

Hope to see you all on this amazing Royal Way cruise vacation.

This is the same guy who started a thread asking people what they would like to see/have at a Meet 'n' Mingle.  Very proactive.  Also, very rare.

• Like 2

On our upcoming cruise, and one we've done several times before, they seem to schedule everything (M&M, Slot Pull, exclusive party, etc. etc) on the first sea day out of 3 days before a port, just to get these bothersome events behind them.