ms Oosterdam and Veendam in Port Everglades April 6, 2019

Scrapnana

Before you get to excited about Veendam, she will only be in port to 1:00 (or at least that is her scheduled departure time) as she is headed to Freeport for dry dock.  She should be arriving to pier 19 at 5:15 am.

Oosterdam will be at pier 26 from 5:30-4:45.  She is headed out on a 7-day Tropical Caribbean cruise.

Key West, Florida (07 Apr 0800-1600); Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos (09 Apr 0800-1700); Amber Cove, Dominican Republic (10 Apr 0800-1700); Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (12 Apr 0800-1500); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (13 Apr a0700)

43327575000_c694c4fca8_o.jpg

Also in port are Independence OTS at pier 18 from 0615-1630, Crown Princess at pier 4 from 0545-1600, Celebrity Infinity at pier 25 frim 0600-1600, and Caribbean Princess at pier 2 from 0500-2000 (although one source has her leaving at 1700).

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/  and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ .

Eurodam will be in San Diego from 0700-1700 doing a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise.

The http://sundiegolive.com/ site is back (I wonder if it got hacked???) and there is also https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-states/california/san-diego/san-diego.html.

Next up:  Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam on April 7.

I plan to be here - if I can remember [the expected] early departure for Veendam - I will be here for that too.

I forgot the SD sailaway last Sunday night, I will try again to remember tomorrow night to check out the other camera.

Edited by Happily@Sea

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I hope the Oasis of the Seas accident doesn't disrupt the Veendam's drydock.

Roy

There are three drydocks (according to their website) so we will see.  Oasis cruises are cancelled through May 5 including their transatlantic repositioning cruise.

33 minutes ago, Scrapnana said:

There are three drydocks (according to their website) so we will see.  Oasis cruises are cancelled through May 5 including their transatlantic repositioning cruise.

Yup, there will be a number of Oasis refugees with me on the Nieuw Statendam.  Actually, I almost booked the Oasis.  I did an Allure TA a couple of years ago and one of the real spark plugs on the roll call had a last minute medical emergency.  If she had been on the Oasis I would have booked it.  She wasn't going and just for the heck of it I looked at the other options.

Neither of the other 2 drydocks seems to be in use so I wonder if they are closing the yard for a while.

Roy

28 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

What Oasis accident?

Oasis OTS went into drydock in Freeport last Sunday.  Soon after arrival something gave way in the drydock and she shifted, the (floating) drydock listed, the work area flooded, and a crane fell onto her aft section.

That drydock is certainly out of service for a while, and I haven't seen any other ships there for the last week.  Oasis will now have to go to Spain for the work that was to be done last week and the Transatlantic that was planned will now be without passengers.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2650819-oasis-incident-at-freeport-shipyard/page/37/?tab=comments#comment-57204170

Roy

Interesting that there will be some Oasis refugees on your sailing, Roy..

Going to try to catch some of this at the airport while I wait to board.

thanks for the reminder Kathi.

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

Interesting that there will be some Oasis refugees on your sailing, Roy..

Going to try to catch some of this at the airport while I wait to board.

thanks for the reminder Kathi.

Same dates at both ends.  What will be a challenge for some is ending in Amsterdam instead of Barcelona.

I just tried to respond to a wine question on my roll call.

Roy

25 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I just tried to respond to a wine question on my roll call.

I can help and clarify on this if you want Roy.  We do drink wine 😉 I don't like to 'drop' in without permission though  😉 

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

I can help and clarify on this if you want Roy.  We do drink wine 😉 I don't like to 'drop' in without permission though  😉 

Please feel free.  This is what I said:

I hope other people will amplify because I don't drink and will give you what I think is pretty decent guidance. 

Your assumptions are pretty much correct on this.  The wine (regardless of the amount) will be checked in at security.  Your 2 bottles (and that's per CABIN, not per person) will be marked and others will be stored.  I'm not sure of the procedure for getting them back but certainly your wine steward can help with that.  If you buy wine at ports, pretty much the same procedures will apply.  Wine held will be delivered to your cabin the last night.

One nice difference from Royal is that on HAL cabins are ready for occupancy upon boarding.  No carrying your carryons around with you for a couple of hours.  Also, it isn't advertised but the main dining room is generally open for lunch on embarkation day.

Sorry I don't know more and I hope this helps a bit and others will chime in with more details.

Roy

Here's the roll call:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2489576-april-21-2019-nieuw-statendam-ft-lauderdale-to-amsterdam/page/36/

Roy

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Oasis OTS went into drydock in Freeport last Sunday.  Soon after arrival something gave way in the drydock and she shifted, the (floating) drydock listed, the work area flooded, and a crane fell onto her aft section.

That drydock is certainly out of service for a while, and I haven't seen any other ships there for the last week.  Oasis will now have to go to Spain for the work that was to be done last week and the Transatlantic that was planned will now be without passengers.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2650819-oasis-incident-at-freeport-shipyard/page/37/?tab=comments#comment-57204170

Roy

Thank you -- someone's insurance is going to pay for that mess.