Ocean Ready

paul929207

5 minutes ago, muti said:

I ordered mine on January 26, 2019 for the cruise this weekend, April 14, 2019.

After final payment ? - we were about to input our info the day after our final payment which was 60 days out

admit - didn't even try before that ... and had no trouble linking our booking ...

2 hours ago, paul929207 said:

How far before sailing can you enter the data into the Ocean ready App?

We are on the Crown in late August and it does not find my cruise. 

What determined our "Ocean Readiness" was a change in how the trip was presented in the Personalizer.  We're on the Royal in two weeks, and for a long time, even after OR became active, we could not register our trip. Then one day, just a few weeks ago in our case, the Medallion logo started to appear for our trip against the "Guest Check-in" tab. That seemed to be the signal for the OR app to know our trip was a Medallion trip and allowed us to register. Perhaps that's why your trip is not yet found.

image.png.52f5d43b63d3133c02eb813db224b63f.png 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

What determined our "Ocean Readiness" was a change in how the trip was presented in the Personalizer.  We're on the Royal in two weeks, and for a long time, even after OR became active, we could not register our trip. Then one day, just a few weeks ago in our case, the Medallion logo started to appear for our trip against the "Guest Check-in" tab. That seemed to be the signal for the OR app to know our trip was a Medallion trip and allowed us to register. Perhaps that's why your trip is not yet found.

image.png.52f5d43b63d3133c02eb813db224b63f.png 

Very interesting observation. Good eye!! 👁️

Our medallions came 10 days after ordering from OR.  The Medallion Access Pass in the app shows us as blue vs. elite.  Called and their statement is it will be fixed at the port.  Also was told unless my husband gets a separate email address he will not be able to utilize the ocean apps on his phone, I pointed out that we share one email and have no troubles with 2 separate passwords with one email signing onto the princess.com for our individual accounts.  Apparently that was too much for the software guru's to figure out for OM that there are folks out there that don't utilize multiple emails.  Not a big thing for them to fix but doubt they will.  We have multiples situations where we have separate passwords yet use the same email.  Not a difficult software fix if they were interested.  My complaints is finding this out the day before we cruise.  Would have been  helpful if they had let folks know their position is you must have an individual email in addition to individual passwords. Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 1:54 PM, voljeep said:

After final payment ? - we were about to input our info the day after our final payment which was 60 days out

admit - didn't even try before that ... and had no trouble linking our booking ...

No -- this was a few days before final payment.  Sorry for taking so long answering - I just got home from the latest cruise.

We're 121 days out from one of our upcoming cruises and the OM icon is already showing on the homepage for that cruise. 

I tried to access Ocean Ready for this cruise but apparently it only allows only one at a time and since there is one in July for which we've already checked in, I can't get to the one that's 121 days out. I suppose after we clear the one in July, the system will accept our checking in for the later one. 

I'm just surprised that a cruise that far out is already available.