Embarkation wine limit

davidmaveng

6 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

We always have a drinks package, so the wine we bring on board is “balcony wine”.  Since I’m not cheating them out of revenue or planning to drink them all at once and sue Celebrity because I got drunk and did something really stupid, then yes, it seems perfectly reasonable to me.  We don’t hide the bottles we bring on board.  I’m willing to take the risk of losing a bottle or two of wine if they have a sudden urge to enforce the rule.

Over the years, the rules have changed on Celebrity and other cruise lines under the Royal Caribbean umbrella.  Long ago, we could bring on more than two bottles of wine on Celebrity, but sometimes the corkage rule was enforced.  I seem to remember that for a while after the family of a young man who drank way too much sued RCI, there was no wine allowed to be brought on at all on any RCI lines.  Then they allowed two bottles.  Now that seems to be very sporadically enforced on Celebrity, since practically everyone gets a drinks package, but still pretty strict on Royal Caribbean.  And once Azamara went to inclusive drinks, they stopped having a limit on wine brought on board.

I hear you, and I don't disagree with your points, which still doesn't make it right.  I was at a grocery store recently, and a guy pulls up and parks in the pregnant mothers spot.  I asked him if he was pregnant.  After he got done telling me to perform a physically impossible act, he proceeded to tell me that there is no law in Pennsylvania that he has to follow regarding these signs.  I replied "well counselor, it still doesn't make it right".  I guess I'm just a rule follower.

Can I bring Aperol instead of wine?  It has the same alcohol level as wine but is an aperitif.  I have not sailed Celebrity before but from the bar menus I have seen I don’t expect to find it on board.   

Will ll it be allowed?  If not and we have it with us as carry on, what happens?

3 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Can I bring Aperol instead of wine?  It has the same alcohol level as wine but is an aperitif.  I have not sailed Celebrity before but from the bar menus I have seen I don’t expect to find it on board.   

Will ll it be allowed?  If not and we have it with us as carry on, what happens?

It’s not about the alcohol level, it’s about whether it’s wine or not.

If it’s forbidden, it will be confiscated. I believe you get it back the night before disembarkation, but I have no personal experience with that. 

3 hours ago, Carnevale said:

FWIW, we just cruised on Solstice in March, and they had Aperol at several bars, including the Martini Bar, the Ensemble Bar, and the Passport Bar.

Based on some of the earlier comments in this thread, I think I already know the answer but will ask just to be sure:

I have two cabins booked, with my wife and I in one cabin and my two daughters in the other. If I bring four bottles with me, even though two are for cabin #2 with no one over 21 in it, will anyone bat an eye? As with an earlier poster, I'm prepared to have two bottles confiscated if someone checks my reservations carefully and chooses to enforce it.

This is for a 14-night transatlantic where I don't plan on buying any beverage package. I'll be bringing the bottles to the MDR and will be ready to pay the corkage fee x4.

Oh, and to the poster (OP?) who was asking why specifically 750ml bottles and not anything larger -- if i had to hazard a guess, it's to ensure that if you bring the bottle to the MDR and ask your waiter to store it for you until the next meal, they can properly store it in their wine cellar. I think standard wine racks are sized to accommodate nothing with a larger diameter than a 750ml bottle.

32 minutes ago, Aralim said:

Based on some of the earlier comments in this thread, I think I already know the answer but will ask just to be sure:

I have two cabins booked, with my wife and I in one cabin and my two daughters in the other. If I bring four bottles with me, even though two are for cabin #2 with no one over 21 in it, will anyone bat an eye? As with an earlier poster, I'm prepared to have two bottles confiscated if someone checks my reservations carefully and chooses to enforce it.

This is for a 14-night transatlantic where I don't plan on buying any beverage package. I'll be bringing the bottles to the MDR and will be ready to pay the corkage fee x4.

Oh, and to the poster (OP?) who was asking why specifically 750ml bottles and not anything larger -- if i had to hazard a guess, it's to ensure that if you bring the bottle to the MDR and ask your waiter to store it for you until the next meal, they can properly store it in their wine cellar. I think standard wine racks are sized to accommodate nothing with a larger diameter than a 750ml bottle.

When we (just the two of us) use to bring wine (4 bottles) onboard for 14 night cruises nothing was ever said at security. Same with all of our B2B cruises. If security questions you tell them your wife and one daughter is in one stateroom and you and your other daughter is in the other stateroom.  

• Thanks 1