Princess Internet a joke!

Bruin Steve

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

This is nothing new.....

Princess Internet has always been terrible. 

Now with MedallionNet activated ships it is awesome! 

That is all.......

Keith-

I just got off Coral this morning and I had a 'running review' of MedallionNet on the thread "Coral Princess Internet".  This was the first sailing for Coral with MedallionNet.  I found it to be inconsistent and frustrating at times with how slow it got.  That was the main thing I noticed about MedallionNet - inconsistent.  On sea days, when everyone was on it, it was as bad as the old internet.  On a port day when everyone else was off the ship, it was fast.  It bogged down severely at times.  Other PAX I spoke with couldn't stream Netflix and Hulu and gave up trying.  I rated MedallionNet two out of five stars. 

Also, I had noticed independently that Princess does censor the internet you are paying for.  I was told in an e-mail that my stateroom number came out in the state lottery that day and when I tried to see for myself, I hit blocked site after blocked site that wouldn't permit me to see the lottery numbers.  (P.S. I didn't play the numbers anyway...)

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

That is interesting Dan,  seems as though it is not up and running as it should be. 

Actually it sounds like the old system is still in place.   🤔

My experience with it on the CB AND Regal were really good.

I wonder if Princess purchases different bandwidth for each ship.  CB and Regal are both larger with 3150 PAX and 3560 PAX compared to 2000 for Coral.  Maybe they under bought bandwidth for Coral.  It was the first cruise on Coral with MedallionNet - possibly it's growing pains.  The speed was even slowed down sometimes just checking e-mail.

I have a suggestion for you.  Hop on a cruise to Alaska on Coral and then let us know how it compares to your experience on CB and Regal!  :classic_biggrin:

38 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I wonder if Princess purchases different bandwidth for each ship.  CB and Regal are both larger with 3150 PAX and 3560 PAX compared to 2000 for Coral.  Maybe they under bought bandwidth for Coral.  It was the first cruise on Coral with MedallionNet - possibly it's growing pains.  The speed was even slowed down sometimes just checking e-mail.

I have a suggestion for you.  Hop on a cruise to Alaska on Coral and then let us know how it compares to your experience on CB and Regal!  :classic_biggrin:

I am on it.  😎

• Like 1

Great post. Agree completely .i find it funny when I see people struggling with their phones. But what a money maker for Princess since a lot will pay $59.00 a day to stare at their phones. That being said, I usually use all my free minutes , especially on sea days when not much is going on 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:30 PM, AAAAmerican said:

Dear Coral,

Awesome provide your own access on Princess ships.Expense is high, your time to use is limited as well,  but youre choice on Sat.

If your a Shareholder talk about this at an Annual Meeting.

If not a CCL :NYSE LSE CUK :NYSE , BUY a Block of Common Stock and make your points well known.

I don't understand your post.

Internet is actually pretty cheap (even on a ship) and in most areas, it is available. There are some limitations but when one line can provide fast internet in an area and another line can't even get connections - the problem is with the line. Princess is profiting greatly by internet sales - it is a cash cow for them. And yes I am a share holder. I also work in IT.

Princess took forever to upgrade their internet. It is about time and they are still not doing it quick enough.

On 4/21/2019 at 12:40 PM, oskidunker said:

Great post. Agree completely .i find it funny when I see people struggling with their phones. But what a money maker for Princess since a lot will pay $59.00 a day to stare at their phones. That being said, I usually use all my free minutes , especially on sea days when not much is going on 

I guess they struggle with math as well...

• Haha 1