Booked my first Oasis class cruise

While we were on board Mariner last weekend we took advantage of the little bit of OBC that Nextcruise offers and nailed down our first Oasis class ship.  I booked 9329 on Allure of the Seas Dec 6 2020.  I was waffling back and forth between Oasis and Allure but in the end Allure won out because of the cabin location.  I'll never be able to afford an aqua suite so this seem like the next best thing.  

Thanks to the great advice that I got on CC I booked an aft cabin on Liberty for our cruise last November and absolutely loved the views of the wake as we sailed away.  This looks like as close to that an aft balcony cabin that you can get on this class of ship.  CC is great.  I have learned so much about cruising, even though I'm a rookie (compared to some on this forum) with only 4 cruises under my belt, I feel like a veteran with armed with all the great information that I get from all of you good folks.  I'm sure as the time approaches I'll have lots of Oasis class/Allure specific questions that you will all help me out with.  It is the posters make this a great site with a real sense of community. Thanks for all you do...

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 11.59.49 AM.png

• Like 2

If you loved Liberty, then you'll really love the Allure. I've sailed both (Liberty 4 times, Oasis-class 3 times).   And I'd pick Allure over Oasis based on Samba Grill on the Allure (I love me a good Brazilian steakhouse) and Mama Mia as the Broadway show.

I did have some concerns about the view of the wake as I believe the balcony you booked is right next to  the rock climbing wall in the boardwalk. I thought the Aqua theater diving structure might block the view somewhat but a quick search thru Google images showed that this is not the case. it was cabin 11329, 2 decks right above you.

Good job on the research and happy cruising!

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

Clearly my research wasn't as comprehensive as it should have been. I never even realized there was a Brazilian steakhouse on Allure.  Had I known that there would never have been a question between Oasis and Allure.  Is the Izumi a Hibachi or is it just Sushi only

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Clearly my research wasn't as comprehensive as it should have been. I never even realized there was a Brazilian steakhouse on Allure.  Had I known that there would never have been a question between Oasis and Allure.  Is the Izumi a Hibachi or is it just Sushi only

Hibachi.

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Clearly my research wasn't as comprehensive as it should have been. I never even realized there was a Brazilian steakhouse on Allure. 

It's the Solarium Bistro by day (breakfast and lunch, no charge) and at night, it turns into the Samba grill.  It seems to be a well-kept secret and only Allure offer this.

No sure what the current price is as it's been a few years since I last sailed Allure. But I love meat on a stick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Bob, you are always a fount of knowledge and information.

Well that probably sows up whether I'll get the UDP too.  With a Brazilian Steakhouse and Hibachi, my two favorite kinds of dining, I won't be able to even consider the not getting it.  Chops, Samba, and Izumi with Sabor thrown in for lunches I'll probably eat my way into a coma.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I did have some concerns about the view of the wake as I believe the balcony you booked is right next to  the rock climbing wall in the boardwalk. I thought the Aqua theater diving structure might block the view somewhat but a quick search thru Google images showed that this is not the case. it was cabin 11329, 2 decks right above you.

Another thing to keep in mind is there's a good chance the Ultimate Abyss slide will be added when Allure goes for dry dock, so the current view may not be representative of what it will be like late next year.

3 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Another thing to keep in mind is there's a good chance the Ultimate Abyss slide will be added when Allure goes for dry dock, so the current view may not be representative of what it will be like late next year.

I had wondered about that so I checked several Youtube videos that showed similar cabins on Symphony and Harmony and the videos I saw still had what appeared to be unimpeded views of the aqua theatre.  You could see the slide obviously but it didn't seem be blocking view horribly.

Sorry to burst your bubble but your cruise is after her drydock.  I would expect that Samba will be removed.  Sabor will be replaced by Playmakers and Jamies will replace Giovanni’s. Wonderland may also be added.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

53 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks Bob, you are always a fount of knowledge and information.

Well that probably sows up whether I'll get the UDP too.  With a Brazilian Steakhouse and Hibachi, my two favorite kinds of dining, I won't be able to even consider the not getting it.  Chops, Samba, and Izumi with Sabor thrown in for lunches I'll probably eat my way into a coma.

Steak house will probably be gone and Hooked in it's place. Sabor will definitely be gone and be replaced by Playmakers.  She will be fantastic after the refurb, we have her booked for the transatlantic in Nov. 2020. Have been on Oasis, Allure and Symphony. Allure is still our favorite ship. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I also have never sailed on an Oasis-class ship and booked the furthest aft boardwalk balcony on the Oasis. I am still holding on to the possibility that Ultimate Abyss will not be added. It sounds certain they will add waterslides. It sounds certain they will shuffle restaurants. I hope they come to their senses and pass on Ultimate Abyss. 

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but your cruise is after her drydock.  I would expect that Samba will be removed.  Sabor will be replaced by Playmakers and Jamies will replace Giovanni’s. Wonderland may also be added.

You are right about Wonderland.  Wonderland is a plus but it takes the place of the 2 story Diamond lounge, Best D lounge on any Royal ship. 

2 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

I also have never sailed on an Oasis-class ship and booked the furthest aft boardwalk balcony on the Oasis. I am still holding on to the possibility that Ultimate Abyss will not be added. It sounds certain they will add waterslides. It sounds certain they will shuffle restaurants. I hope they come to their senses and pass on Ultimate Abyss. 

When they put in the Abyss they have to remove the boardwalk Tequila Bar as well for a end of slide exit. 

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Well, that's a darn shame. I always liked the slight variety of restaurants among sister ships.  I mean, they don't have to be identical sisters!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

When they put in the Abyss they have to remove the boardwalk Tequila Bar as well for a end of slide exit. 

No great loss. Service was always super slow even by island time standards and they seem to be running out of things often.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ugh! I feel an icicle dagger piercing my heart over the loss of Samba.  Sabor is no loss if it is replaced with Playmakers.  I enjoyed Playmakers while I was on Mariner.

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

When does Allure go into dry dock?

I've seen Mar 14, 2020 to May 24, 2020, in Cadiz, but that seems like a long dry dock to me.

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I've seen Mar 14, 2020 to May 24, 2020, in Cadiz, but that seems like a long dry dock to me.

Wow, after I read your post I went and checked the planner for that period and the there are no cruises scheduled during that entire time. That does seem like an awful long time.  They have big plans for her!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow, after I read your post I went and checked the planner for that period and the there are no cruises scheduled during that entire time. That does seem like an awful long time.  They have big plans for her!

Could be some of that time is a non-revenue transatlantic from the US to Cadiz.  Still a long time though.

36 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I see a May 10 from BCN.\

Date Port Arrive Depart
Sunday, May 10 Barcelona, Spain   6:00pm

Monday, May 11 Palma de Mallorca, Spain 8:00am 4:00pm

Tuesday, May 12 Marseille, France 9:00am 6:00pm

Wednesday, May 13 La Spezia, Italy 8:30am 8:30pm

Thursday, May 14 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 7:00am 8:00pm

Friday, May 15 Naples, Italy 7:00am 6:30pm

Saturday, May 16 At Sea    

Sunday, May 17 Barcelona, Spain 5:00am  

Edited by FLACRUISER99