Port or starboard 28 day South Pacific

cjmayes51

Looking at a 28 day cruise on the Star from LA to South Pacific and back, for those of you who have done this in the past,

any benefit to port or starboard as far as balcony’s go?

Charlie

1 hour ago, cjmayes51 said:

Looking at a 28 day cruise on the Star from LA to South Pacific and back, for those of you who have done this in the past,

Charlie

You may want to consider a covered balcony.

2 hours ago, cjmayes51 said:

Looking at a 28 day cruise on the Star from LA to South Pacific and back, for those of you who have done this in the past, any benefit to port or starboard as far as balcony’s go?

I did not think the Star had any more of these scheduled before it goes to P&O.  Even if you are looking at the Emerald or Island, as skynight said, it does not matter.  This is especially true on a cruise like this with a large percentage of sea days. 

3 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

I did not think the Star had any more of these scheduled before it goes to P&O.  Even if you are looking at the Emerald or Island, as skynight said, it does not matter.  This is especially true on a cruise like this with a large percentage of sea days. 

The Star is doing this voyage in March 2021, RT L.A.

59 minutes ago, skynight said:

The Star is doing this voyage in March 2021, RT L.A.

Sorry for any misinformation.  I did not see any cruises available for booking on the Star after Sept 2020 (princess.com and several online TA sites), and no cruises between now and then include the 28 day RT from Los Angeles. So, I jumped to the conclusion that the Star was not doing this trip again.  I am guessing Princess has already announced the itineraries. Is the March 2021 available for booking anywhere yet?  We just got off the one in March 2019 and are already thinking about doing it again 🙂

4 hours ago, cjmayes51 said:

Charlie

If I may ask, where are you seeing these itineraries I 've been looking at this same trip and can't find anything on Princess's website for 2021, 28-day sailings roundtrip from the West coast.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

Sorry for any misinformation.  I did not see any cruises available for booking on the Star after Sept 2020 (princess.com and several online TA sites), and no cruises between now and then include the 28 day RT from Los Angeles. So, I jumped to the conclusion that the Star was not doing this trip again.  I am guessing Princess has already announced the itineraries. Is the March 2021 available for booking anywhere yet?  We just got off the one in March 2019 and are already thinking about doing it again 🙂

The new itineraries will open shortly for booking ... and will include the OP's Star sailing

37 minutes ago, STREETKING said:

If I may ask, where are you seeing these itineraries I 've been looking at this same trip and can't find anything on Princess's website for 2021, 28-day sailings roundtrip from the West coast.

Thanks

Look here:

Not up for booking yet, should be soon.

Do you like Morning or Afternoon sun on your sea days (there are a lot of them)? 

From LA to Hawaii (4 sea days) the sun slowly moves from Port to Starboard (basically it rises behind the ship and sets in front).

From Hawaii to Samoa to Tahiti (6 sea days) it rises on the Port side and sets on the Starboard.

From Tahiti to LA (8 sea days) the sun rises on the Starboard side and sets on the Port side.

We like afternoon sun because of sunsets but if you like to rest in the afternoon after a hard morning cruising then you might want the opposite or as stated in a previous post make sure you get a covered balcony.  This is based on 5 previous cruises.

In reality you can't go wrong with either side.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, Centsless_Cruiser said:

Do you like Morning or Afternoon sun on your sea days (there are a lot of them)? 

From LA to Hawaii (4 sea days) the sun slowly moves from Port to Starboard (basically it rises behind the ship and sets in front).

From Hawaii to Samoa to Tahiti (6 sea days) it rises on the Port side and sets on the Starboard.

From Tahiti to LA (8 sea days) the sun rises on the Starboard side and sets on the Port side.

We like afternoon sun because of sunsets but if you like to rest in the afternoon after a hard morning cruising then you might want the opposite or as stated in a previous post make sure you get a covered balcony.  This is based on 5 previous cruises.

In reality you can't go wrong with either side.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Much appreciated.  Charlie