Havana interior rooms??

nissach

5 hours ago, SnowWhiteNYC said:

Just don't book a Havana room of any sort on the Mardi Gras.  They have completely downgraded the size of the area and the amenities offered as well.  No hot tubs and only a small, "relaxation" pool that was originally intended to be a spa.  

Regarding the Havana interiors on the Horizon, we stayed in 5205 last August out of NYC and will be back in the same cabin this August out of Miami doing the Southern route.  It is one of two sideways cabins that are great because you get more usable space and the back of the bed is against the long wall instead of the short one so you have more room to maneuver around.

Regarding the downgrading of the Havana area on the Mardi Gras, I just don't get it.  Because of the popularity of it on the Vista, extra cabins were added on the Horizon as well as the Panorama.  They then went and added even more cabins with access on the Mardi Gras, but reduced the space and amenities.  Makes ZERO sense. 

13 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Actually, technically this isn’t true anymore, since they now allow the 8 grand suites to have access to then Havana pool area, and you don’t have to be 12 to be booked in one of those rooms. 

What I have read and others have posted you can book a Grand suite with someone under 12 but that child can not use the Havana pool area. 

• Like 1

Can anyone comment from experience if the Havana interior rooms can be noisy at night due to the music/band playing at the Havana bar?  I don't expect it to be silent, but just curious if it is really loud?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

I know on the Horizon there isn’t. If you are in a deck 5 interior (or any of the cabanas) you have to go all the way down the hallway and back through the Havana bar to get to the pool area. 

Dang, I was afraid of that!  I'm hoping that on the Panorama we can have access in and out of the room from the cabana and be able to lock and unlock the slider from outside (like on the Vista).  Or that they put in door in to access the bar from the starboard side!

We never heard anything from deck 5 after 7:00 p.m. and our friends in the interior didn't either.  I don't remember the band playing very late either.  At any rate, there were some nights we turned in early and we never heard anything.  We did get a room on deck 7 though to be as far away as possible.

I love that the Vista had less cabins for more space.  Fingers crossed they leave it alone and don't change anything.

Edited by Beachiekeen

2 hours ago, katstoy said:

Dang, I was afraid of that!  I'm hoping that on the Panorama we can have access in and out of the room from the cabana and be able to lock and unlock the slider from outside (like on the Vista).  Or that they put in door in to access the bar from the starboard side!

It’s probably a good guess that on The Panorama you won’t be able to lock the cabana patio doors from the outside like on the Vista. They removed that function on the Horizon for a reason. What that reason is, I have no clue.