Bayou Cafe menu -Island or Coral (Alaska)

mrell345

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

These are from  May 2019 Island voyage of glacier cruise in case you’re still interested. 

91310D63-075F-4B90-818D-0FEC90D2ED8B.jpeg

7CBA0D37-6986-486A-A3DB-9C25783EB31F.jpeg

Thanks for posting these photos.  I have not seen them before and sailing on Coral Princess soon, this information is most helpful.  Should I patronize Bayou Cafe or not?  As the Bard wrote:  "That is the question."

• Like 1

The  Alaskan menu above is the same as the one we just had on the Grand.  I had the Halibut, which was good, but I was hoping for same crab dishes.  I wish the Bayou Cafe was on the Grand although the trip would become more expensive!

2 hours ago, marden1970 said:

The  Alaskan menu above is the same as the one we just had on the Grand.  I had the Halibut, which was good, but I was hoping for same crab dishes.  I wish the Bayou Cafe was on the Grand although the trip would become more expensive!

Was that in Crown Grill? Did Sabaltinis have any Alaska offerings?

One caveat regarding Bayou Cafe:  If you order a filet done medium-rare be sure to check it as soon as it arrives. They tend to serve a large, chunky filet that will arrive perfectly medium rare around the outside portion and pretty much super rare in the middle portion. Cut it right in the middle to check. My wife and I both love medium rare steak. Neither of us likes it super rare. It can be  real disappointment to find that half of your steak is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay rare.

Hey guys. Heading out on the Island in several weeks to Alaska and was thinking of the Bayou for a night - maybe first night.  My wife likes Cajun and Creole, but I don't.  However, I love a good steak and was willing to go. Even some of the steak preps pique my taste buds, and the Alaska menu at least adds an appetizer I like.

My question is, are the steaks in the Bayou better (hopefully significantly better) than the ones in the MDR? Worth the upcharge (I know, subjective)? Not necessarily looking for premium steakhouse "prime" quality, but something better than what I have ready about the MDR steaks.  Thanks. -John

4 hours ago, jgrahamiii said:

My question is, are the steaks in the Bayou better (hopefully significantly better) than the ones in the MDR? Worth the upcharge (I know, subjective)? Not necessarily looking for premium steakhouse "prime" quality, but something better than what I have ready about the MDR steaks.  Thanks. -John

Pretty much any steak anywhere is better than the ones you can get (if you can get one at all) in MDR. Of course these days it seems you can pay a fee and get the Crown Grill or Bayou Cafe steak in MDR. At least that's been the case on some cruises. Not sure if it's made its way to all ships yet or not.

Edited by Thrak