Cunard Excursion in South Hampton

lovetotraveltx

I haven't done this but I thought the tours were only for those doing the round trip crossing.

They leave and return to the ship rather than take you on a tour on the way to London or Heathrow.

1 hour ago, lovetotraveltx said:

We are taking a TA cruise from NYC to Southampton. If we take Cunard's Southampton tour of Stonehedge, I assume they keep your luggage on the coach during the tour. Also, where does the tour leave you at the end? Thank you!

Yes they do you load the coach up as if you are going direct to the airport and then to fill in time for late departures they do excursions to Stonehenge, Windsor etc. Your suitcases stay on the coach.

Edited by majortom10

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Yes they do you load the coach up as if you are going direct to the airport and then to fill in time for late departures they do excursions to Stonehenge, Windsor etc. Your suitcases stay on the coach.

Thank you. Is the drop off only back at the ship?

4 hours ago, lovetotraveltx said:

We are taking a TA cruise from NYC to Southampton. If we take Cunard's Southampton tour of Stonehedge, I assume they keep your luggage on the coach during the tour. Also, where does the tour leave you at the end? Thank you!

Let's make sure we are clear about which excursion you are talking about. If it's the shore excursion called "Prehistoric Stonehenge" listed in your US voyage personaliser under "Going Ashore" and "View and Book Shore Excursions", then that excursion has this caveat.

"Important Information

Guests who are embarking or disembarking the ship in Southampton should not book a shore excursion for this port.  Southampton excursions are available for guests visiting Southampton as a port call."

This is the same as all the Southampton shore excursions listed in the US voyage personaliser. They return you to the ship after the excursion under the assumption your will be reboarding the ship to continue on the next voyage (perhaps a return crossing back to New York).

I do not know how you would go about arranging the kind of Cunard coach excursion to Stonehenge that majortom10 is discussing where they collect your luggage upon disembarking and take you to the airport at the end of the excursion.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Let's make sure we are clear about which excursion you are talking about. If it's the shore excursion called "Prehistoric Stonehenge" listed in your US voyage personaliser under "Going Ashore" and "View and Book Shore Excursions", then that excursion has this caveat.

"Important Information

Guests who are embarking or disembarking the ship in Southampton should not book a shore excursion for this port.  Southampton excursions are available for guests visiting Southampton as a port call."

This is the same as all the Southampton shore excursions listed in the US voyage personaliser. They return you to the ship after the excursion under the assumption your will be reboarding the ship to continue on the next voyage (perhaps a return crossing back to New York).

I do not know how you would go about arranging the kind of Cunard coach excursion to Stonehenge that majortom10 is discussing where they collect your luggage upon disembarking and take you to the airport at the end of the excursion.

I think they might offer the Stonehenge to airport onboard as a transfer option. For some reason the transfers never show up on the Shore excursion info.

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I think they might offer the Stonehenge to airport onboard as a transfer option. For some reason the transfers never show up on the Shore excursion info.

That may well be the case. I haven't seen airport transfers that include tours listed on the "Southampton Transfer Booking Form" available from the tour office, but perhaps they are available if you speak to the staff there. Or perhaps that's a transfer option for those who have late flights arranged through Cunard.