When to start looking to see if I can book shows?

We have a Harmony of the Seas cruise booked for Feb. 8, 2020.  This will be our first time RCCL.  I'm also someone who is not willing to check to check the NCL website more than once a week.  Should I try booking shows by looking at the website right after final payment, which I believe is about 90 days before the cruise?

For NCL they give you an exact number of days when you can book reservations; Disney gives you an exact number of days before you can book fastpasses; etc. but I heard that RCCL has an arbitrary system (from other posters and no exact date offered from RCCL reps either).  Appreciate your input about how far away from sailing you would suggest I start checking.

1 hour ago, kathy884 said:

We have a Harmony of the Seas cruise booked for Feb. 8, 2020.  This will be our first time RCCL.  I'm also someone who is not willing to check to check the NCL website more than once a week.  Should I try booking shows by looking at the website right after final payment, which I believe is about 90 days before the cruise?

For NCL they give you an exact number of days when you can book reservations; Disney gives you an exact number of days before you can book fastpasses; etc. but I heard that RCCL has an arbitrary system (from other posters and no exact date offered from RCCL reps either).  Appreciate your input about how far away from sailing you would suggest I start checking.

Unfortunately you will have to continually check as there is no specific time frame of them showing up.  If you sign up for your roll call, you'll have more eyes on the lookout. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kathy884 said:

... Appreciate your input about how far away from sailing you would suggest I start checking.

I'd start checking daily right now.

• Like 1

I booked our entertainment for the Sep. 22 sailing on Apr. 28.  So that was 5 months out.  You simply need to check the daily planner frequently and be ready to book the times.  If you wait until 90 days your choices will be limited.  But keep in mind that you can standby for any show.   The only show that is nearly impossible to get into without a reservations is the Comedy Show.  

• Like 1

And then there are those of us on the July 4 th Anthem sailing and we still don’t have shows listed. IFly and Northtstar showed up about a week ago, but only for sea days, so they booked up quickly.

Denise

36 minutes ago, kathy884 said:

Thanks all.  I appreciate all the posts and thoughts.  I already signed up for our roll call.  I'll check weekly to see if things open up when we are 120 days out.

The reason that the reservations do not open up exactly a certain number of days ahead of time is that Royal releases their entertainment in batches of time.  

Say for example they released a two month batch of reservations.  This would mean that depending on when they were released some people could get their reservations 60 days before sail date while others in that same batch received theirs 120 days prior to sail date. 

31 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

It was right at 70 days for our mid July sailing. About 60 for the photo packages and 49 for luggage tags.

Just FYI.  49 days is standard for release of docs/luggage tags.

Other things vary, but this one is pretty pervasive. (not there aren't exceptions, of course.)  And points usually post 6 days after the end of your cruise.

(FYI for everyone; not just for klfrodo)