Royal Princess Balcony

MsSoCalCruiser

On the royal princess would you prefer a Portside aft deluxe balcony (almost all the way back)  or would you prefer one closer to mid ship ( Portside) ?

When cruising a Grand class ship, I like to be near the door to the aft pool but since there’s no pool…

I'd prefer the aft section's port side balcony so as not to be under the sea walk bar, though if you're far enough aft or forward in the midships section, or if you're on a lower deck, it probably doesn't matter.

• Like 1

On our cruise to the British Isles, I was happy with our inside cabin. It was usually too cold to enjoy a balcony plus the itinerary is very port intensive. The areas where the ship docks in Dublin and Belfast are not very picturesque. 

• Like 1

We just had mini M428 which was just past the seawalk and it was amazing.  One of the angled balconies.  We had a clear vision of the ship all the way aft and the elevators and stairs were right there. Very convenient!

• Like 2

I would check into the mid-ship cabins that have the larger, angled balconies (D410 for example).  You don't say when or where you're sailing, and of course that's a factor.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Portside aft.

We have one cruise portside aft and another cruise portside mid.  I’m thinking about keeping our portside aft balcony and not upgrading… Well unless I receive an offer too good to refuse 😊

On 6/2/2019 at 1:30 PM, geoherb said:

On our cruise to the British Isles, I was happy with our inside cabin. It was usually too cold to enjoy a balcony plus the itinerary is very port intensive. The areas where the ship docks in Dublin and Belfast are not very picturesque. 

Usually we have inside cabins but our next two cruises are in balconies.  I’m OK with an inside. 

On 6/2/2019 at 6:57 PM, dcrow72 said:

We just had mini M428 which was just past the seawalk and it was amazing.  One of the angled balconies.  We had a clear vision of the ship all the way aft and the elevators and stairs were right there. Very convenient!

A mini sounds great. Was that club class? If so, how did you like it?

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 7:22 PM, jasbo49 said:

I would check into the mid-ship cabins that have the larger, angled balconies (D410 for example).  You don't say when or where you're sailing, and of course that's a factor.

Jim

We are sailing to Cabo 😊

On 6/2/2019 at 6:57 PM, dcrow72 said:

nice we have that booked in jan

We were on the Royal in March of 2018 in E420.  Got an excellent deal on the cruise so decided to go for it.  We were happy with the size of our balcony but wished we had chosen the starboard side.  Crooners Bar was so loud at night...granted we were only one floor up.  Also the lights from the walkway installed under the railing shined right up into our room and we had to sleep with the drapes closed when we prefer having them open and wake up to the view of the ocean in the morning.  Once again...yes, were not very far up.   

Prior to that we were on the Regal and had an aft facing premium deluxe balcony---totally the way to go if you're on the correct floor.  We were in D731 so had a large balcony with partial coverage.  We loved it.

Included are pictures of E420--angled balcony(two pictures) on Royal and D731 direct aft facing on Regal.

IMG_7809.JPG

IMG_7810.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 3:00 PM, Triptkr said:

We were on the Royal in March of 2018 in E420.  Got an excellent deal on the cruise so decided to go for it.  We were happy with the size of our balcony but wished we had chosen the starboard side.  Crooners Bar was so loud at night...granted we were only one floor up.  Also the lights from the walkway installed under the railing shined right up into our room and we had to sleep with the drapes closed when we prefer having them open and wake up to the view of the ocean in the morning.  Once again...yes, were not very far up.   

Prior to that we were on the Regal and had an aft facing premium deluxe balcony---totally the way to go if you're on the correct floor.  We were in D731 so had a large balcony with partial coverage.  We loved it.

Included are pictures of E420--angled balcony(two pictures) on Royal and D731 direct aft facing on Regal.

IMG_7809.JPG

IMG_7810.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

Thank you so much for posting these photos and I’m sorry but I just saw this. Do you happen to remember how late Crooners is open because I do have a cabin not far from this one booked for one of my cruises.  I wonder which rooms are affected by the light?  Again, thank you so much! 

We had D424 on Majestic which is one of the largest angled balconies. It was great. Once in our cabin we heard no noise from the atrium area at all, even when the Beatles and Rolling Stones tribute bands were playing.

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had D424 on Majestic which is one of the largest angled balconies. It was great. Once in our cabin we heard no noise from the atrium area at all, even when the Beatles and Rolling Stones tribute bands were playing.

Awesome!  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We are in that area.  After reading your posts, I’m sure we will be fine. Thanks so much!

Photos of our balcony that I also posted in response to your Crooners thread question:

FFDCB23A-B8F8-45B6-9D62-97C630870C63.jpeg

8D106072-B152-496C-97C8-0F20C0D84B32.jpeg

F49A359B-5C00-4AA6-AB5A-C304B457A1B0.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 12:25 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you so much for posting these photos and I’m sorry but I just saw this. Do you happen to remember how late Crooners is open because I do have a cabin not far from this one booked for one of my cruises.  I wonder which rooms are affected by the light?  Again, thank you so much! 

MsSoCalCruiser--I'm sorry for my very late reply.  I am however, happy to say that my excuse was that I was on a cruise! 😉   Maybe I should be a little more clear about our particular experience in that stateroom (E420).   As far as Crooners is concerned:  yes, it was an issue for us.  And I don't know how late Crooners is open, btw.  There was significant base noise coming up from Crooners and this base noise would literally 'vibrate' all the way up to our rooms through our pillows.  So if we were just standing in our room the noise wasn't bad. Once we laid our heads on our pillows this is when we noticed the noise. I know this probably sounds wacky but I don't know how else to explain it and for us it was a disturbance.  This is why we would not book on this floor in this area on this side of the the ship again.  I'm sure the base noise wasn't an issue for people above us.  

As far as the light is concerned...maybe this wouldn't bother other people if they're used to sleeping with it a little lighter in their rooms?  I will attach a picture and hopefully it will sort of explain where I'm coming from.  Obviously, this is just my experience and everyone is different so take from this what you will.  :) 

IMG_7839.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1