Harmony of the seas Unlimited dining plan and escape room questions.

We will be sailing on Harmony of the Seas on October 20 this year.  Just a couple of questions for anyone regarding the UDP and the escape room

1.  I know we will be randomly assigned a time and venue for dinner the first night with the UDP.  When do we find out what time and venue we are given? Also if we are not happy with the random assignment can we change it for the first night?

2. Were and when can you make your dinner reservations for the rest of the week?  Can it be done at any specialty restaurant or is there a specific place it needs to be done?

3. From reading other forums it seems like we can use the UDP at Izumi Hibachi but not order sushi.  Could we do the hibachi side one night and the sushi part of Izumi as dinner another night?

4.  We are sailing with several family members under different reservations but we will all be getting the UDP.  We would all like to eat together every night and our reservations are linked in the cruise planner.  When we make our dining reservations onboard can one person take care of making the reservations for everyone or does one person from each room need to be part of the reservation process onboard?

5. Finally the escape room question - will this show up sometime on the cruise planner to be booked ahead of time or can it only be booked onboard?

Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

1 minute ago, orkaren1 said:

We will be sailing on Harmony of the Seas on October 20 this year.  Just a couple of questions for anyone regarding the UDP and the escape room

1.  I know we will be randomly assigned a time and venue for dinner the first night with the UDP.  When do we find out what time and venue we are given? Also if we are not happy with the random assignment can we change it for the first night?

2. Were and when can you make your dinner reservations for the rest of the week?  Can it be done at any specialty restaurant or is there a specific place it needs to be done?

3. From reading other forums it seems like we can use the UDP at Izumi Hibachi but not order sushi.  Could we do the hibachi side one night and the sushi part of Izumi as dinner another night?

4.  We are sailing with several family members under different reservations but we will all be getting the UDP.  We would all like to eat together every night and our reservations are linked in the cruise planner.  When we make our dining reservations onboard can one person take care of making the reservations for everyone or does one person from each room need to be part of the reservation process onboard?

5. Finally the escape room question - will this show up sometime on the cruise planner to be booked ahead of time or can it only be booked onboard?

I'll just skip to #4. One person can make reservations for multiple  cabins simply by knowing those cabin numbers.  The computer will  know that those cruisers have the package.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orkaren1 said:

2. Were and when can you make your dinner reservations for the rest of the week?  Can it be done at any specialty restaurant or is there a specific place it needs to be done? ...

There will be a letter in your stateroom with your reservation info.  You can find out before staterooms open by visiting any specialty restaurant, where you can make reservations for the entire cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, orkaren1 said:

We were just on Harmony and did not have anything in our stateroom. I believe some ships have gone away from making the first night reservation for you.

We went to 150 Central Park and made all of our reservations immediately upon boarding.

You can not order both at the same time for free, but you can schedule one for one night and the other a different time. We had Hibachi for dinner one night and sushi for lunch another day.

Can't help you on these two.

• Like 1

will this show up sometime on the cruise planner to be booked ahead of time or can it only be booked onboard?

We have had a dining package on Allure, Oasis and Symphony.  There has never been a first night reservation made on any of those ships.  Skip the dining reservation kiosk in the promenade and go to any specialty restaurant and make all your reservations. 

On 6/2/2019 at 4:07 PM, orkaren1 said:

For the escape room, you must book through the cruise planner prior to cruising.  You may be able to onboard, but spots fill up quickly.  Also, there is a limit to the number of people allowed to participate, I think around 15, if that affects you with your number of travelers.  But you can reserve the day and time on the cruise planner just as you do with dining reservations.  You can also link guests from other reservations the same way as well.

Edited by NTC0624
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, orkaren1 said:

Not sure if Harmony is the same as Symphony but for my April 2019 cruise the escape room did not become available to book until 3 days before my sailing.  I was checking daily.  So don't give up!

4 hours ago, mickeygirl78 said:

Not sure if Harmony is the same as Symphony but for my April 2019 cruise the escape room did not become available to book until 3 days before my sailing.  I was checking daily.  So don't give up!

Strange how every sailing is different.  I was able to book the escape room months in advance on our Symphony cruise.