Whittier excursion recommendations??

1 hour ago, Coral said:

26 Glacier Cruise.

According to my excursions list, "This tour is only available to passengers on back-to-back voyages who will stay onboard the ship and cruise back to Vancouver as it is a roundtrip that will end back at the pier in Whittier. It is not available to guests disembarking the ship and ending their cruise in Whittier."

I'm doing b2b cruises, and this is the one I booked. It is offered independently through Phillips Cruises (https://www.phillipscruises.com/cruises/26-glacier-cruise.php). I'm not sure about transportation to Anchorage, though, for anyone booking it independently. 

7 hours ago, geoherb said:

I'm doing b2b cruises, and this is the one I booked. It is offered independently through Phillips Cruises (https://www.phillipscruises.com/cruises/26-glacier-cruise.php). I'm not sure about transportation to Anchorage, though, for anyone booking it independently. 

There is transportation back to Anchorage through 26 Glacier Cruise. I don't remember if it is bus or train. People come in from Anchorage and do transportation both ways through the company.

I would you encourage you to look into renting a car - there is a rental center in Whittier, I think it is Avis if memory serves. You might be able to set up a rental where you pick your car up there and turn it in at the airport. Then you will have a car to explore all day - you can stop in Girdwood on the way then drive along scenic Turnagain Arm. There is much to see in Anchorage and having your own wheels for the day will give you the freedom to choose what you want. The Native Heritage Center is definitely worth it!