Soda Package Question

whitsmom

I’m caffeine and sugar free also, don’t think the soda plan is worth it for just Sprite or Ginger Ale.

I just purchase a case of water and use the Mio flavored drops. Take along a thermos style drink container. 

• Like 1

If he’s not a big soda drinker just have him buy one with dinner or when he wants one. I haven’t done the calculations at the current price of the soda card but 4 years ago I figured you’d have to drink 2-3 a day to break even.  

26 minutes ago, smithop said:

I’m caffeine and sugar free also, don’t think the soda plan is worth it for just Sprite or Ginger Ale.

I just purchase a case of water and use the Mio flavored drops. Take along a thermos style drink container. 

Not sure what “soda plan is worth it for just Sprite” means. 

Most soda plan drinkers buy it for their soda. I have a soda plan and only order Diet Pepsi. My spouse orders only Sierra Mist. 

Unlike the “adult” beverage plan, most soda drinkers don’t “work their way down the menu”

31 minutes ago, smithop said:

Does a caffeine-free version of Mio exist?  All the Mio sold around here seems to have tons of caffeine.

I found that getting a diet Sierra Mist was difficult - either it wasn't "available" or it was confirmed that they had it but came as regular. I gave up after a while. Overall, I found that the soda package was pressuring me to drink too much of it to make it worth it , so ended up not having that many in the end. Could have saved a lot just with individual purchases. The soda plan isn't worth it really if you just do diet sodas.

From my research you cannot by package just for one person in the cabin both need to be on the same plan.  That is why we did not get alcohol package as my husband does not drink but would have had to buy if I did.

11 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

Does a caffeine-free version of Mio exist?  All the Mio sold around here seems to have tons of caffeine.

The Mio Vitamin or Sport lines are all caffeine free, the Energy line has all the caffeine.  Walmart sells it.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not sure what “soda plan is worth it for just Sprite” means. 

Most soda plan drinkers buy it for their soda. I have a soda plan and only order Diet Pepsi. My spouse orders only Sierra Mist. 

Unlike the “adult” beverage plan, most soda drinkers don’t “work their way down the menu”

I must not be “most” soda drinkers, I like different flavors.  I buy Caffeine Free Coke Zero, Diet Sprite, Diet Fresca, Diet Dr Pepper, Diet Root Beer.  My local grocery store has sales of 12 packs, must buy 5, so I get a variety of Coke products.  Maybe I should have said the soda plan does not have enough variety of Pepsi products for my taste.

17 hours ago, smithop said:

No Sprite on NCL.

23 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

They have club soda and diet Sierra Mist.

He will be happy that they have Diet Sierra Mist and so will I.  I do like Club Soda and Lime so that will be a good option too.  Thanks!

On 6/10/2019 at 12:50 PM, whitsmom said:

I know that they have Pepsi products; however, is there any diet sodas beside Diet Pepsi?  Due to a medical condition, my DH cannot have ANY caffeine. 

I don't recall any other diet products other than diet pepsi, but they might have diet Sierra Mist

5 hours ago, janetjulie said:

Has anyone been able to get Diet Sierra Mist on the Gem? If so, where? Could use use the beverage package ? Thanks.

We had it on the Gem.  We had a room where soda was included so that is where we got it but I'd try the bar by the pool as those always seem to have the most variety.  I know one night I tried to order a drink with diet sierra mist in the main atrium bar and they said they didn't have it but they could do diet pepsi but IIRC they were using soda guns there for the drinks.