Western Loop Weather in June / Concerned

Murph269

Hello,

First time poster, long time lurker. I’m booked on the Breakaway June 23rd through the 30th, and after looking at the weather forecast, I’m a bit discouraged to say the least. This will be my 5th cruise, and I’ve always gotten lucky and had great weather. The forecast shows high wind and storms/rain for most of the itinerary. What I’m wondering is, when a place like Harvest Caye shows 80% chance of rain/storms, is it typically rainy all day this time of year, or similar to Florida where it rains for an hour and then the sun comes back out? My wife and I are taking her little brother and sister with us who’ve never been on a cruise before, and I’m really holding out hope that the weather cooperates. Any firsthand experience with cruising the western loop this time of year is much appreciated!

You're wasting your time looking at the weather that far in advance ......... It can change by the minute let alone two weeks. I've left on cruises the day of and it said rain all week in every  port ...... Never rained once. Don't scare yourself to death ........

Long range forecasts are speculation at best.  However, it is the Caribbean during summer and spotty showers during the day can happen.  They are not all day events and will not change my plans.  If on a sea day, showers can get rid of a lot of chair hogs.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  You're going to have showers everyday no matter where you are in the Caribbean in summertime.  Same as we get here down in Florida.  

Even if it rains a bit, you're still on vacation :-) It was pouring when we arrived in St. Lucia, sunny when we took the catamaran and then pouring during the drive to the waterfall. It got sunny again during our lunch and then poured the rest of the drive back to the ship. And they predicted sun that morning! So you really never know. Don't check the weather and hope for the best :-) Have fun!

I'm on this cruise as well.  Never thought to check the weather.  As others have mentioned, rain is likely to happen here and there but I can't imagine it will be a complete 7 day rain out.  Last time I was in Harvest Caye (November) it was overcast with occasional mist.  Felt GREAT!  I think we are going to be fine!

You can pretty much count on showers for at least a few minutes every day. THe forecast that OP mentions seems pretty typical for June throughout the Caribbean. It rarely rains all day.

Definitely don’t panic. The forecast shows as an 80% chance of rain because passing, 5 minute showers are very common. The day will probably be perfectly sunny and nice, aside from those 5 minutes—don’t let the icons in your weather app fool you into thinking it’s going to rain all day.

The Caribbean is much like south Florida.....there is ALWAYS an 80% chance of rain.  Usually it rains a bit in the afternoon and it passes quickly.  I've also found that the forecast changes often, even 24 hours before you get to port, so I wouldn't even bother looking now.  The "wet" season really doesn't start until July, so you'll probably be fine.  Enjoy your cruise!

If it doesn't RAIN - global warming is going to go bonkers !

Be like the kid put the galoshes on and have a good stomp in the water puddles !

Monsoon weather is no fun but isolated scattered pineapple mist will make rainbows !

Once you sail away you are committed - Rain or Shine - there are no do-overs - instant repeats !