Drowning on the Caribbean Princess

rebeltech8

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-caribbean-princess-drowning-death-20190617-gfqdgytyonbmphedi2zlqkotvy-story.html

confirmed name of deceased. I’m relieved that they quoted his wife as I was worried about her as well due to her fall I witnessed. My heart goes out to her. 

Edited by mfdiego
Added text to link

On 6/16/2019 at 10:55 AM, Cruise Raider said:

How does this happen?  Those pools are always roped off at night.  He would have had to make a concerted effort to get under the ropes to drown, no?  Unless ... someone dropped the ball and never netted it.  

We witnessed some guy that was obviously very inebriated try to jump over the railing into the Piazza from several decks above.  I guess some passengers take part in very dangerous activities when they've drank too much.  

The ship has video everywhere in the public areas. I'm sure the real reason for the nets not being in place is know.

Regardless, loss of any life is sad.

• Like 3

Such a tragedy . I also questioned why people were swimming and partying in and out of the pool as I walked  past around 11pm . Why was there no netting on the pool? The pools are normally netted up.  Passengers need to act more responsible. Such a tragedy. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, Cruise Raider said:

How does this happen?  Those pools are always roped off at night.  He would have had to make a concerted effort to get under the ropes to drown, no? 

like some ropes would really stop a drunk, but determined person? People manage to drive drunk. Some even attempt to fly planes.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

like some ropes would really stop a drunk, but determined person? People manage to drive drunk. Some even attempt to fly planes.

Since it did happen, yes, I would think you are spot on!!