Ruby Princess boarding times

bluedevil72

First of all before I ask my question, let me say, for years I’ve done searches to find answers to my questions.  When i do that now, I get threads that are all over the place. 

We received an email today stating that our boarding time for the Ruby next month is 1:00. How strict are they with that?  We cruise out of Galveston quite often and RCCL doesn’t enforce it. Carnival is pretty strict. 

What time can can you actually start boarding?  Thank you in advance for your help. 

11 minutes ago, bluedevil72 said:

First of all before I ask my question, let me say, for years I’ve done searches to find answers to my questions.  When i do that now, I get threads that are all over the place. 

We received an email today stating that our boarding time for the Ruby next month is 1:00. How strict are they with that?  We cruise out of Galveston quite often and RCCL doesn’t enforce it. Carnival is pretty strict. 

What time can can you actually start boarding?  Thank you in advance for your help. 

It’s a recommendation which I’ve never seen enforced for routine embarkations.  

Once when boarding was delayed until 3:00 for deep cleaning of the ship & terminal after some cases of norovirus the delayed embarkation was enforced.  Every other time we’ve checked in at about 10:30 and were onboard before noon.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Not strict at all.  Unless there is some sort of Coast Guard inspection or the ship requires a thorough cleaning because of a serious outbreak of illness aboard, boarding usually begins around 11.30 or so with the priority groups.  The assigned boarding times by deck are just suggestions to spread out the crowd. 

On my December cruise, the cabins were not available until 1pm (and access to the passenger cabin hallways were literally blocked with steward carts) but they actually began boarding quite early, I guess since they didn't have to wait until cabins were ready. 

I'd either get there early (I usually aim for about 11-ish or shortly before) or else I'd wait until 2pm -- 1pm is likely to be the most crowded time. 

28 minutes ago, bluedevil72 said:

You will be sailing out of Pier 91 in Seattle and normally boarding passengers are not permitted to enter the terminal building to turn in luggage and begin check-in until 10-10:30am and boarding is scheduled to begin at 12 noon.  That assumes that the ship arrives at the scheduled time, debarking passengers are not delayed by some unforeseen occurrence and everything goes according to plan. Actual boarding normally starts around 11:15 am +/- 15 minutes. That has been the norm for the past 2-3 years.  If I were you, I would not plan on arriving any earlier than 10:15am or so. While lines do occur they are usually not very long, and check-in normally clears them  pretty quickly.

Hope you have a safe trip to/from Seattle and a great cruise.

Tom

On 6/16/2019 at 4:44 PM, bluedevil72 said:

We sail out of Pier 91 a couple of times a year. We arrive at the pier at around 10:55 drop off the bags downstairs, have your passport and boarding pass handy, you need to show them before going upstairs, there's 2 lines one for Platinum/Elite and one for everyone else. Once we got upstairs the process moved very quickly, we were on the ship by 11:40 or so. The cabins weren't ready yey so we went to the Da Vinci  dinning room for  nice peaceful meal, they have a limited menu but it beats the madhouse up at the buffet. The MDR is open from Noon to 1:30 on embarkation day. When you get on the ship they'll tell you to go to the buffet.

Randy

We were on the June 8th sailing, checked out of the hotel at 11, grabbed an Uber and was having lunch on the boat at noon.  

Getting off the boat and to the airport went just as easy.  Walked off the boat at 8, called an Uber while walking to the App based stalls, thru TSA and at our gate by 9.  We had a 12;55 flight, here I was worried...lol.

We used the Princess Port Valet and I highly recommend this free service.

When you arrive at pier 91, Princess gives you a boarding number. We were number 16 if I remember right and we were on board withing 1/2 hour from when they started the boarding. No problem at all. They go very fast starting from number 1.