Booking a cruise within 30 days of return home

Can anyone clarify if there is a post cruise discount on a new booking if booked within 30 days of returning home?

I am sure I had some information here with paperwork or possibly read this online?

Thanks for any help.    Jean.

Jean, there are a variety of discounts available pre-  and post- cruise and well as whilst you are on board.  I understand there are slight variations but couldn't begin to explain just what.  A call to Regent UK in Southampton will set you straight though.

Thanks Gilly, 

I got a quote today from our TA, but forgot about the discount part at the time, so I will give her a quick ring tomorrow from work and to ask her to check with Regent Southampton.

The cruise already has a society discount, and then with her discount I am not sure of the welcome home discount has been applied.  Will let you know how I get on,  Jean.

14 hours ago, liptastic said:

Can anyone clarify if there is a post cruise discount on a new booking if booked within 30 days of returning home?

I am sure I had some information here with paperwork or possibly read this online?

What you are looking for is called the "Welcome Home Offer".  It is similar to the onboard booking savings.  It is a credit, or discount, on your cruise fare.  The amount varies by cabin category and voyage length.

23 hours ago, liptastic said:

If someone tells you there's a 30-day window, be sure to get it in writing.  I know the policy was a bit 'fluid' in the past.

5 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

If someone tells you there's a 30-day window, be sure to get it in writing.  I know the policy was a bit 'fluid' in the past.

Bill, things could be different in the U.K. - many things are.  In terms of the "Welcome Home" policy, it has been in effect for a few years.  Unless things have changed, approximately 7 days after disembarking, guests receive a Welcome Home letter offering them up to 45 days to take advantage of additional savings if they book their next Regent voyage.  Note:  The discount is less than if you had booked onboard and there are no OBC's connected with this offer.

You can book another cruise 30 days prior to embarkation and receive the same benefits as if you booked when you got onboard.

Thanks all for replies. I phoned our TA today and asked and they phoned Regent who apologised that the welcome home discount had not been applied yesterday with the quote.

I had seen this info included with our cruise tickets last month and of course couldn’t find it yesterday. I also do remember a chitty came in the post re the welcome home discount. Lesson to oneself here to pay more attention to important mail. 😀.

Thanks again,    Jean.