Birthday cake

When my mom did this for me the expensive cake was terrible. Probably worth only about $5.00. The desserts in the MDR tasted better so we got a refund. Never, ever again. I think the price was about 45.00 and this didn't include the other stuff listed. It was also about 7 years ago so I don't know what it's like now.

4 hours ago, chet the jet said:

Can you still get a birthday cake in the MDR. I know there is a cost for them but don't know the price as it was a long time ago. Will be on the Harmony of the seas.

In the past twelve months we’ve celebrated two birthdays on cruises with RCI and each time ordered the celebration birthday cake.

On one occasion whilst sailing on HOTS we had it delivered to our stateroom and the other time on Symphony to the MDR.

We thought the cakes albeit maybe a little expensive were excellent on both occasions and would certainly purchase them again.

We celebrated my wife's 50th birthday on Anthem.  My first thought was t purchase a cake but after reading reviews on how the MDR didn't have the cake or the cake was delivered to the room by mistake plus there were some posts that the cake didn't look anything like the picture I decided to just let the Waitstaff know that it was her birthday.  They decorated a slice of cheese cake which is her favorite and sang Happy Birthday. I'm sure she enjoyed the cheese cake more than she would have enjoyed a regular cake  because she really doesn't like special occasion cakes. As I am typing this, I just now realized that for her it this was a better way to go.

SrmEVUKFSm+MQqbsmOuGuQ.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

We celebrated my wife's 50th birthday on Anthem.  My first thought was t purchase a cake but after reading reviews on how the MDR didn't have the cake or the cake was delivered to the room by mistake plus there were some posts that the cake didn't look anything like the picture I decided to just let the Waitstaff know that it was her birthday.  They decorated a slice of cheese cake which is her favorite and sang Happy Birthday. I'm sure she enjoyed the cheese cake more than she would have enjoyed a regular cake  because she really doesn't like special occasion cakes. As I am typing this, I just now realized that for her it this was a better way to go.

SrmEVUKFSm+MQqbsmOuGuQ.jpg

Thanks Mike. Looks like this is a way to go.  I think my friend would like this better.

• Like 1

For my mom’s birthday, we also just told them in the MDR it was her birthday and they decorated a slice of the chocolate layer cake and brought that out with a candle. We didn’t specify what kind of cake we wanted, so maybe if you have a certain request, just talk to your waiter or the head waiter for your section the night before. 

I was just on NOTS with friends all celebrating our 50th birthday and they brought a piece of chocolate cake out each night and sang happy birthday to one of us. My friend in charge arranged so not sure if she asked for chocolate or if that was just default. It was fun. I think we all ended up eating a different dessert in mdr and then eating the cake for breakfast. 

A couple of years ago we were on the Liberty OTS for my birthday.  Nobody said anything to the wait staff in the MDR; but when it came time for dessert they brought out a piece of chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and they sang Happy Birthday to me.