Medallion Shipping Notice

Ep010835

9 hours ago, richmke said:

There is a battery in the medallions. From what I read, they don't last much longer than the cruise. Shipping them when you make final payment practically guarantees a dead medallion when you board.

That makes sense.  On my last cruise I had to get closer and closer to the cabin door each day before the medallion would unlock the door.  By the end of the 28 day cruise I had to touch the medallion to the target and wait a couple of seconds before the door would unlock. It is a shame the battery won't last longer.  Wrist watch batteries last for years-----but then they don't unlock doors.

9 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

That makes sense.  On my last cruise I had to get closer and closer to the cabin door each day before the medallion would unlock the door.  By the end of the 28 day cruise I had to touch the medallion to the target and wait a couple of seconds before the door would unlock. It is a shame the battery won't last longer.  Wrist watch batteries last for years-----but then they don't unlock doors.

We had the same problem & we were only on 10 day trips.

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Has anyone tried getting the engineers to replace the battery? Or PSD to replace a medallion when the battery was not operating correctly?

Battery doesn't look like it is easily replaceable. Probably can get a replacement generic medallion (no engraving) from the Passenger Service Desk.

When I completed the Ocean Ready app for my next cruise, I did not notice any place to make a choice to have the medallions sent to the cruise ship terminal check in desk.  Did I miss it or do you have to just remove your home address so they won't send it to your home?

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Has anyone tried getting the engineers to replace the battery? Or PSD to replace a medallion when the battery was not operating correctly?

There's no way to open the medallion. If it goes bad they just replace it with another one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richmke said:

Battery doesn't look like it is easily replaceable. Probably can get a replacement generic medallion (no engraving) from the Passenger Service Desk.

I had to have my Medallion replaced twice in May on the CB. It was done at the PSD and each time it was engraved with my name. We were on for 24 days. 

Edited by Crzn-Life
  • Like 2

FYI, you can request to have the medallion shipped to an address different that your home address if you are travelling for the period of time when you order your medallion and when it will be shipped.  We did that this past February since we were at another address several weeks before sailing and we could receive mail/deliveries there.  

On 6/25/2019 at 8:35 PM, fishywood said:

Two and a half weeks before embarking is cutting it pretty close. Plenty of people have lengthy travel plans in advance of their cruise so they end up penalized by having to go through old-school check-in at the pier. And will they have a spare Medallion in the proper color at the ready given that the records show it was received pre-cruise?

So since I sail two weeks after the OP I will be watching my e-mail closely. And as I gave a different e-mail address for the Medallion (one set up for alerts on my phone) rather than the one I have on my Captain's Circle account (an ancient Yahoo address for all my travel junk mail) I wonder which one they will send notice to.

The colour of the Medallion is easily changed its just a coloured disc they pop in, I know because my Husbands had to be changed earlier this year.