NCL Getaway 9N Baltic Haven Cruise Report / Review June 7 to 16, 2019

neilmae_ko

2 minutes ago, LeesaB said:

Sounds like a great cruise!  What did you think about the main part of the ship?

I find it a bit crowded many times. Wait times at elevators is also a bit longer than we used to in Celebrity. This ship has more passengers with less elevators. I am not also a fan of the lay-out of the ship. Its not as open as other ships. 

Thank you for this review. Did you go inside Schwerin castle or just tour the grounds? If you went inside what did you think? On our tour we are viewing the outside and the grounds and then have a choice of free time (snack) or going inside the castle. 

could you tell me if at the Terminal in Copenhagen, did you have to use an escalator to get onboard the Ship.  Or were you able to walk up the ramps to get onboard.  If you had to use an escalator, did you notice if elevators were an option?  Not in need of handicap services, but will be bringing on carry on luggage, and using an escalator always bothers me.

5 hours ago, MN'smom said:

Thank you for this review. Did you go inside Schwerin castle or just tour the grounds? If you went inside what did you think? On our tour we are viewing the outside and the grounds and then have a choice of free time (snack) or going inside the castle. 

Yes, we did go inside of the castle.  Depending on your interest, its really up to you if you wanna go in.  For us, normally, we go inside the sites just to see it if it is worth our time.  If it is, we spend a little bit more time, if not - we don't waste our time in wandering around.  Here's a pic on whats inside the castle:65551705_1062320070823351_2467552410558529536_n.thumb.jpg.4f52e64f7da692e54dbdbe566de5b7e9.jpg

2 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

could you tell me if at the Terminal in Copenhagen, did you have to use an escalator to get onboard the Ship.  Or were you able to walk up the ramps to get onboard.  If you had to use an escalator, did you notice if elevators were an option?  Not in need of handicap services, but will be bringing on carry on luggage, and using an escalator always bothers me.

We did not use any escalators.  The gangway was just a little bit higher than the pier.  We just took a ramp. 

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

Thank you for your review, we do this  cruise next year on Escape. 

Did most places take Euro, or how did you pay for thing's  off the ship?

Almost all places take euro.  However, credit card is preferred in all the places.  Even small shops or food stalls accepts credit card.  If you opt to take euro, all change will be in their local currency.  

On 6/27/2019 at 10:24 AM, neilmae_ko said:

Day 8 - Nynashamn / Stockholm:

The ship was docked at Nynashamn, a good 1 hour drive to Stockholm.  In this trip, we used 

www.stockholmguiding.com as our private transportation.  We left the cruise port at 8:30am

and arrived Stockholm around 9:30am.  During this day, Stockholm was very busy and roads

have slow traffic.  Apparently, Former Pres. Obama was there and also the President of 

South Korea was also in Stockholm.  Many road were blocked for security reasons.  Our stops

was - City Hall, Drive around the City, Royal Palace, Old Town.  The City Hall is where the Nobel

Peace Prize awarding are held each year.  A good place to have a tour.  The Old town of

Stockholm is also great.  We were not able to visit the Vasa Musuem because of the traffic.  

We left Stockholm around 4:30pm and arrive at the cruise port at 5:30pm.  The Ship departed

7:00pm.  This time; we had our dinner at Le Bistro - French Specialty Restaurant.

City Hall

65434677_326305251635481_8473127892618838016_n.thumb.jpg.63925ae11651b82ab79df170c268e24f.jpg

65391851_2484740894898864_4118234812018327552_n.thumb.jpg.80fc5a6c789b5b78845ca975566e80a6.jpg

Royal Palace

65391851_2484740894898864_4118234812018327552_n.thumb.jpg.80fc5a6c789b5b78845ca975566e80a6.jpg

Old Town

65868408_2084825941823488_5221343934466228224_n.thumb.jpg.4d7d9920dc34902985782c2f5acb6d79.jpg

Review:

stockholmguiding.com - I reserved a minivan with them and when we arrived - a brand new bus were waiting for us.  

Although the bus was very nice, it is hard to use it since the bus is very big for just 7 of us.  It would have

been easier to tour the city if it was a minivan.   The guide was a local, however, she cannot speak english 

very well.  I would not recommend this tour company.

Le Bistro - our 2nd favorite specialty restaurant.  Food was great including the service.  A bit crowded since 

it is a popular restaurant in the ship.  

65176044_295919644509801_4673101134477393920_n.jpg

The South Korean president gets around - we saw him in Paris in Oct 2018!   I would have been bummed to miss the Vasa but one never knows.  A friend took the same cruise in summer of 2017 and the ship couldn’t even dock in Stockholm because of high winds.

Your rooms are lovely.  

On 6/28/2019 at 3:10 PM, neilmae_ko said:

Almost all places take euro.  However, credit card is preferred in all the places.  Even small shops or food stalls accepts credit card.  If you opt to take euro, all change will be in their local currency.  

Thank's for that.

6 hours ago, Mercury said:

I see you were in a Haven 2 bedroom.

Did anyone make use of the sofa bed? I have 2 tween children and I am wondering if the sofa bed will be comfortable to sleep 2?

My 10-year old slept on the sofa bed on Getaway 2 BR and I don't think it would have been comfortable to sleep 2 there. In the 2nd br you can sleep one up and one down in there as well. I think some of them are meant for 6 people, but not sure which ones.

I loved your review.  Thank you so much for taking the time to post it.

Theres lots of great information.

In  comparison to the Celebrity cruise was NCL more or less expensive ( I know it’s a general statement) 

9 hours ago, Kfamilycruise said:

My 10-year old slept on the sofa bed on Getaway 2 BR and I don't think it would have been comfortable to sleep 2 there. In the 2nd br you can sleep one up and one down in there as well. I think some of them are meant for 6 people, but not sure which ones.

Thanks - I appreciate your reply and thank-you for the excellent review too!

On 7/6/2019 at 9:32 AM, cruisegroupie said:

Thanks  for the detailed review. How was the weather?.I will be on the Sept 23 sailing and wondering what to pack.

During our time, it was still comfortable cold.  However, expect that it will be hot during September.

12 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

I loved your review.  Thank you so much for taking the time to post it.

Theres lots of great information.

In  comparison to the Celebrity cruise was NCL more or less expensive ( I know it’s a general statement) 

NCL is less expensive in general.  But for me, the service and total cruise experience - Celebrity is better.