Does the excursion desk open before everyone boards?

brandi0727

Hello,

I am inquiring about when the excursion desk opens upon embarkation? I booked a cabana for HMC and have read to head straight to the excursion desk to pick out the cabana we'd prefer. I'm not Diamond or Platinum and we only booked a couple balcony cabins so no priority boarding for us. I would purchase FTTF if it became available to help with priority, but haven't seen it yet. If it is open prior to everyone getting on board is it even worth the time to head there,  just to be given whatever is leftover due to priority boarding having earlier access than the rest of the cruisers? Or do they open later to give everyone the opportunity to get on board and get in line to request their preferences? I will request the earliest boarding time possible as we arrive the day before,  but I'm not certain how it works and would appreciate the guidance. It won't make or break anything if we don't get our preferred cabana, but thought I would look into how the processed worked to be most prepared. Thank you:)

The only times I ever go to the Carnival excursion desk is when we book cabanas/villas in HMC or a Behind The Fun Tour and the last 2 times, including last month, we boarded with FTTF and had to wait about 20 minutes for the desk to open. 

• Like 1

Following.  I was wondering about that, too.  I have a cabana booked for next April at HMC on the Freedom.  It would be nice if it were open while boarding is taking place.  We did purchase FTTF.  I wish CCL would set up the cabana bookings the way they have the set up on Holland America.  When you book the cabanas online, you select your cabana number at the time you book.  That seems to be a true first come, first served and fair process.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brandi0727 said:

Why so snarky? By "everyone" that is inclusive of every passenger not just those with priority boarding.  Therefore, do they allow priority passengers first dibs or do they wait until "everyone" has boarded. I don't understand why a forum that was created to inform others as to their experience constitutes this type of response.  If you don't comprehend the question there's no need for a response as it isn't helpful or polite.

funny, not snarky

We have always headed over to the excursion desk as soon as we board. They have been already been open in our past experiences. We have also heard from others that they have been put on a waiting list for HMC cabanas and frequently are contacted that one has become available while on board. Although you may not get your first choice of cabanas at first, it seems that people cancel once on board and you just might get the one you want. Definitely head over to Excursions as soon as you board. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brandi0727 said:

Hello,

I am inquiring about when the excursion desk opens upon embarkation?

The ShoreEx desk will be open for reservations upon boarding or very shortly thereafter.

Same is true for the Specialty Restaurants and Spa. They will be open to take reservations upon boarding.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GalvestonCruiserx3 said:

Do you have a layout of the cabana locations or can you point me in the direction of where to find that info?  I see a map on Google but not sure if anything has changed recently?   Thanks!!

This was the most recent info I found for layout. They have 1-15 labeled for cabanas and then the ones listed with "letters" are the larger villas. I was told #1 is closest to the ship and quite a busy cabana with lots around it. But is best if there is someone with a mobility disability. Cabanas  #5 and #6 are on each side of the big ship bar. I haven't been to give you the ideal cabana, but depending on if you like the "party and action" you'd pick 1-7,  and if "quiet and peaceful" is your desire then you'd go with 8-15, with 15 being the farthest from port. 🙂

20190630_151142.jpg

• Like 1