MSC Seaside Yacht Club (Deck 16 or 18)

Gampy1967

My wife and I are planing on taking our 9 (almost 10) year old daughter on the MSC Seaside in the Yacht Club.  We are looking at booking a Deluxe Yacht Club Suite.  We have never sailed on MSC before.  Our question is should be book a room on Deck 18 (where the Jungle Pool and recreation area is) or Deck 16 (where main concierge and Top Sail Lounge) is?  I assume the rooms are roughly the same.  Also, any suggestions on a particular Deluxe suite that may be better than another (better layout, slightly larger balcony, etc.)?

Thanks for your help.

We stayed on deck 18 yc with our kids  (18021) and there was no noise from above. We enjoyed this location alot. 1 floor up was yc pool. On the same floor outside of the YC doors u could access the kids waterpark and kids club. 

• Like 1

Aren't you booked in the RS? 

We've been on 18 and 16 and actually had more noise on 16 but not much overall to be of a concern. IMO the distance to various places in YC is not a big deal as it is easy to get around plus you have mid stairs and elevator.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

Aren't you booked in the RS? 

We've been on 18 and 16 and actually had more noise on 16 but not much overall to be of a concern. IMO the distance to various places in YC is not a big deal as it is easy to get around plus you have mid stairs and elevator.

Not booked yet.  We are looking at June 2021 which hasn't opened up yet.  When I looked at the same cruise for June of 2020, they still had a RS available at approx 9k. When I looked at the same cruise in March 2021 (the farthest they currently have out), it was 14k for the same room.  I know rates change by seasons.  When June 2021 becomes available, if it is 9k range we will probably book RS, if it is in fact 14-15k then we will go with a YC Deluxe Suite.  Can afford 15k.

5 minutes ago, Gampy1967 said:

Not booked yet.  We are looking at June 2021 which hasn't opened up yet.  When I looked at the same cruise for June of 2020, they still had a RS available at approx 9k. When I looked at the same cruise in March 2021 (the farthest they currently have out), it was 14k for the same room.  I know rates change by seasons.  When June 2021 becomes available, if it is 9k range we will probably book RS, if it is in fact 14-15k then we will go with a YC Deluxe Suite.  Can afford 15k.

Got it.  I too looked at some spring 2021 rates in YC and they were crazy high.  Even for a deluxe.  I suspect our days of reasonable YC rates are gone.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong either way. I don’t think there is a bad room. On 18, you might have about 10 mins of hearing chairs on pool deck moved into position around 7 a.m. or so but it really is not intrusive. 

We were on 18 in January.  We did hear some chairs being moved about in the mornings, but it was around 7, and we were already awake.  If you're a light sleeper and sleep later, go with 16.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:10 PM, dexddd said:

Got it.  I too looked at some spring 2021 rates in YC and they were crazy high.  Even for a deluxe.  I suspect our days of reasonable YC rates are gone.

I got a deluxe YC for July 2021 for 3 of us for $6274. This is our first MSC cruise. Is that a good rate?? I have no idea what to comp[are it to other than NCL's Haven. 

3 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I got a deluxe YC for July 2021 for 3 of us for $6274. This is our first MSC cruise. Is that a good rate?? I have no idea what to comp[are it to other than NCL's Haven. 

3 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Which ship?  The only summer 2021 cruises I can find are in Europe.  Not the Seaside.

18 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I'm guessing Seashore in Med?  That is a brand new ship coming out June 2021 IIRC.

I wouldn't say crazy high, maybe a bit though compared to past comps.  A lot depends what you are getting charged for pax number 3.

As far as NCL, maybe close to Epic H5 H6 H9 but that ship was built 2010 and mid July Haven lowest rate $3799 pp for first two people.