Escape question

1bets1

Hi all, first time cruising NCL. Prior sailings were RC. We always book an inside cabin, but if we wanted to get away from the crowds/no chairs at the pool, we always went to a deck that had an outside walkway, kind of where the life boats were hanging. On RC, there were always a few  lounge chairs out there, where we could relax outside looking at the water. After viewing some photos, I'm not seeing chairs out there on Escape. Does anyone know of a deck that would? If not, when do you buy tickets to Vibes, upon boarding or when booking? I'm booking tomorrow for 8/26, so I'm afraid I might be too late. If there is really nowhere to escape to, I may have to book a balcony. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I believe on Deck 8 - Outside of the 5 o'clock somewhere bar or the sugarcane mojito bar. There are places all over the cruise ship that have some seats/chairs.

The district brew house - you can view the outside inside the bar.

Vibe passes - you need to arrive early to the cruise terminal to hope to be able to get in the first group that board the cruise ship. When boarded, you need to run/walk fast to where they sell these vibe passes. Only a limited passes.

• Like 1

Lifeboats on the Escape are on Deck 7 and there are no loungers or chairs, etc.  But, one deck up - is where OP wanted to be.

Deck 8 is the Waterfront, we prefer the port side, running pretty much the entire length from outside the District Brew House all the way to AFT, past Cagney's - scattered are oversized loungers, long sofas and and "coffee/beverage" tables.  It's free, no passes and on a first-come, first-taken basis ... can be windy & chilly out there.

If seas are choppy & safety conditions indicated, the Waterfront are closed & locked to block access, and the outside deck can be slippery with salt water sprays & waves hitting the hull.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1bets1 said:

Hi all, first time cruising NCL. Prior sailings were RC. We always book an inside cabin, but if we wanted to get away from the crowds/no chairs at the pool, we always went to a deck that had an outside walkway, kind of where the life boats were hanging. On RC, there were always a few  lounge chairs out there, where we could relax outside looking at the water. After viewing some photos, I'm not seeing chairs out there on Escape. Does anyone know of a deck that would? If not, when do you buy tickets to Vibes, upon boarding or when booking? I'm booking tomorrow for 8/26, so I'm afraid I might be too late. If there is really nowhere to escape to, I may have to book a balcony. Thanks in advance for any advice!

The Deck 8 Waterfront (running on both sides of the ship) is exactly what you are looking for. Soft, comfy seats, Tables and chairs.  Post #166 on our live post from March gives you an idea on how the Waterfront is configured. The rest of the thread gives you and idea about what happens on the ship. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

How often do you think they clean those cushions on the waterfront couches/chairs? 

On my Bliss Pacific Coastal trip I never even gave it a thought until I sat in a section where some of the cushions had been removed.  While I was there a crew member came out with a laundry cart containing the missing ones and picked more up after replacing those.

21 minutes ago, hallux said:

On my Bliss Pacific Coastal trip I never even gave it a thought until I sat in a section where some of the cushions had been removed.  While I was there a crew member came out with a laundry cart containing the missing ones and picked more up after replacing those.

thank god